Deadly Precision Gunsmithing?

Anyone that says there to busy to make a phone call or email a PAYING customer back is full of ****.. Your telling me you had know idea your name was being ran through the mud on this forum?? Then after a year your first post back is selling one of your rifles. Please...

Anyone that says there to busy to make a phone call or email a PAYING customer back is full of ****.. Your telling me you had know idea your name was being ran through the mud on this forum?? Then after a year your first post back is selling one of your rifles. Please...

I believe it, I sent him a PM a couple months back and he just now replied yesterday. After I sent it I would periodically check when he was last online and it was from before I sent him a PM so I don't think he even knew there was a thread about him.

I hope everything gets straightened out for himself and his customers. If it does I would be more then happy to let him build a rifle for me.

I have been searching for another quality long range Gunsmith for awhile now as the couple I have used in the past are all six months to a year behind now. I ran across Lorenzo of Deadly Precision Gunsmithing on this forum and have spoken with him multiple times recently concerning my .338 Norma build, he seems to be a great guy and I am going to give him a shot at building the barreled action on my next long range rifle! Yes, I have read the previous posts about some bad experiences others have had but I feel his overall reputation and work speaks for itself. I will keep you all posted on my personal experiences with him, but so far so good.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

UPDATE!

First off let me say I am sorry for anyone that has had unfortunate dealings with Lorenzo, the owner of DPG I hope you will soon find resolution. That being said, I thought I would give an update on my my service and rifle from Deadly Precision Gunsmithing. I sent Lorenzo my rifle at the start of the 2014 year and received it back today ahead of schedule! Maybe he was just overwhelmed by his workload before, but as for his work I will vouch that it is top notch. I will post pictures and groups of the new rifle once I finish the stock on a new thread.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

Yo! Grit,

Happy to see you manning up with an explanation.

Maybe I could have better served you by publishing that you did a slow ****** job on rebarreling my 270 AM.:roll eyes: Maybe your work load would have ramped up a little more gradually.

However, that rebarrel job shoots right along with the original barrel and both barrels out shoot me.

Hang in there things'll turn out ok in the long run.

Just a bump in the road on a long trip.

Roy

Yo! Grit,

Happy to see you manning up with an explanation.

Maybe I could have better served you by publishing that you did a slow ****** job on rebarreling my 270 AM.:roll eyes: Maybe your work load would have ramped up a little more gradually.

However, that rebarrel job shoots right along with the original barrel and both barrels out shoot me.

Hang in there things'll turn out ok in the long run.

Just a bump in the road on a long trip.

Roy

I have to agree! It takes a good person to man up to his errs. Others would not have bothered and hope that it'll just fade away in time ... forgiven or forgotten.

Ed

I have to say that Lorenzo did a great job on my rifle that he did for me and I feel that I might have contributed to his backlog problems. 18 months or so ago I selected him to do my rifle build and I asked him to do a thread on the build. The build thread must have got a lot more attention than either Lorenzo or I anticipated and he got swamped with work and he got behind real bad. To anyone who chose Lorenzo to do their rifle due to my bragging about the fast build time and super accurate rifle with great attention to detail and finish and didn't get their rifle in a timely manner I apologize. If you did "wait it out" and get the rifle you requested I am sure you got the best rifle for the buck and I hope you like your rifle as much as I do.

I want to confirm Lorenzo has sent me an email saying the check is in the mail. Maybe it will come in next week. Also to be very clear I did not refuse to pay $595. I refused to send more money into the unknown but offered to give the money to my ffl for delivery upon receipt. Lorenzo decided to sell my rifle to another customer, probably someone else who has been waiting.
I was never looking for a refund. I wanted a custom rifle. In the end getting my money back two years later is better than nothing I guess. I also want to make sure everyone knows I have been contacted by several other people who have the same problem. I hope Lorenzo finds a way to do right by them also. In the meantime, does anyone want to build me a custom 300 win mag? I'm two years older and still without one.

You could have found a great one in the classifieds here with low round count in 1/2 that time that probably would be everything you want. Long as your not left handed

UPDATE!

First off let me say I am sorry for anyone that has had unfortunate dealings with Lorenzo, the owner of DPG I hope you will soon find resolution. That being said, I thought I would give an update on my my service and rifle from Deadly Precision Gunsmithing. I sent Lorenzo my rifle at the start of the 2014 year and received it back today ahead of schedule! Maybe he was just overwhelmed by his workload before, but as for his work I will vouch that it is top notch. I will post pictures and groups of the new rifle once I finish the stock on a new thread.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

How did you get your work done in two months with others waiting two years? Sounds like DPG is mismanaging money, business and PR to say the least.

If DPG doesn't have the capitol to build peoples rifles (jobs he ACCEPTED) with out burning the candle at both ends or robbing Peter to pay Paul it is time for some $$ management intervention and a business loan to honor obligations at the very least.

I want to confirm Lorenzo has sent me an email saying the check is in the mail. Maybe it will come in next week. Also to be very clear I did not refuse to pay $595. I refused to send more money into the unknown but offered to give the money to my ffl for delivery upon receipt. Lorenzo decided to sell my rifle to another customer, probably someone else who has been waiting.
I was never looking for a refund. I wanted a custom rifle. In the end getting my money back two years later is better than nothing I guess. I also want to make sure everyone knows I have been contacted by several other people who have the same problem. I hope Lorenzo finds a way to do right by them also. In the meantime, does anyone want to build me a custom 300 win mag? I'm two years older and still without one.

Honestly rastaman this is what i would do if i were you.

300 WIN MAG

Something from Len here, get it quick and he has a 100% track record as far as i know. I bought a rifle from him and it met my expectations completely. I bet you could even get your scope mounted. My rifle from his store is beyond rock solid and a dream to shoot.

I have shot very nice groups with every load i have tried in it. 1/2 moa is easily beaten with this rifle, my son shoots at the 500 yard gong with this rifle a few times, then gets up and says he is done because its too easy, he hit it the first time he ever shot the rifle. Mine is chambered in .308 win. He is 8 years old. Beyond solid rifles.

Rastaman...call Lane Precision Rifles of Pocatello, Idaho. You will have a true custom rifle built to your specs in hand in two or three months, with NO excuses or B.S. And it will shoot half a MOA or better, guaranteed. He's built two for me and they are both amazing rifles for about a third less cost than the big name builders. LPR has a good website that you should check out to see their previous builds. What you went through with that other outfit is inexcusable. Your restraint and calm in the face of dealing with such an unprofessional builder is truly admirable.

I'll recommend Hill Country Rifles out of Texas Full heartedly. They have a little bigger operation than most, I think 7-9 gunsmiths, some that have superior skills in different areas too. They seem to have a real business model with sales and support that I like. Top notch organization.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I can confirm I received a refund check and my scope back. Looks like the saga is over for me. I feel bad for the others in my situation. The bright side.... I get to gun shop again. I have looked at the various suggested sites. Going to take my time and go through the caliber selection decision again.

Rastaman...call Lane Precision Rifles of Pocatello, Idaho. You will have a true custom rifle built to your specs in hand in two or three months, with NO excuses or B.S. And it will shoot half a MOA or better, guaranteed. He's built two for me and they are both amazing rifles for about a third less cost than the big name builders. LPR has a good website that you should check out to see their previous builds. What you went through with that other outfit is inexcusable. Your restraint and calm in the face of dealing with such an unprofessional builder is truly admirable.

+1
IMO he should get an apology a refund plus 2 years interest (whatever the going rate is in the USA) for a term deposit for the total of the money the Smith had.

Rastaman the problem you have suffered is not confined to Smiths in the USA over here in Australia we have a number ofGun Smiths who do the same thing (promise you the world, promise 2 more weeks every 2 weeks after the due date for a few months than become uncontactable until you take legal action). Whoever you choose next time Rastaman I hope it all goes well for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.