Deadly Precision Gunsmithing?

My build with Lorenzo Young was very positive and he even did a thread of my build. I think maybe he just got a lot of business from that build and he fell behind. I hope everything straightens out.

My build with Lorenzo Young was very positive and he even did a thread of my build. I think maybe he just got a lot of business from that build and he fell behind. I hope everything straightens out.

Me too. As an update I called the ATF. They said they would look into it. I have a lawyer in Utah hired but was waiting on the ATF response. I have sent him two more emails and have left another phone message. No response of course. He still has my $3k and my night force scope.

Skip the lawyer fees fly to where he is, whip his *** and take your crap back. Problem solved. Might as well grab a few custom actions while he's out cold too.

I paid Lorenzo $ 3600 and sent him a nightforce scope over a year and a half ago! No rifle and he does not return calls or emails! I am going have to take legal action

If you made the payment that originated in your home state. Credit Card, Check, Certified check that would give them Jurisdiction. Contact your state Attorney General or Commonwealth Attorney whatever they are called in your state. Most states have consumer protection laws that these attorneys work and prosecute with. If you used a Credit Card contact the credit card company. Attorney Generals work with Federal Attorneys. They have Mail Fraud, Telephone fraud laws, Internet is covered to if a crossing of state lines were used also. I had problems a few months ago over a credit card. Contacted our Attorney General in 2 weeks I got about 350 dollars credit on my Visa card. Good Luck in getting this problem solved to your satisfaction. Money and scope or the rifle you ordered.

I paid Lorenzo $ 3600 and sent him a nightforce scope over a year and a half ago! No rifle and he does not return calls or emails! I am going have to take legal action
WOW thats 2 now at pushing 2 year wait.That is not excusable without a good reason.Something like illness or such and open communication on situation,possble parts back or good smith to fill in for lack of timeliness. I put in a year on a build, had a reamer problem on new cartridge at time,but was always kept in loop.And smiths dont like to have problems like that either.

WOW thats 2 now at pushing 2 year wait.That is not excusable without a good reason.Something like illness or such and open communication on situation,possble parts back or good smith to fill in for lack of timeliness. I put in a year on a build, had a reamer problem on new cartridge at time,but was always kept in loop.And smiths dont like to have problems like that either.

I agree something must have happened. I checked his references and he did do good work at one time. The lack of communication is unacceptable. I have also given him every option in the world, refund, send me the parts he bought and scope, complete the rifle and I will pay him, no response. I have a feeling the ATF will find a much bigger problem.

Lorenzo here, perhaps I can clear the air some. Simply put, I've been buried in work. About 18 months back I booked 18 months work in a few short weeks. At the time I was quoting relatively quick lead times. I failed to track and accurately estimate my exploding back log.

I was in for a rude awakening. For the past 18 months I've been completely swamped. I worked 12-18 hr days for weeks at a stretch. I endured components, reamers, tooling, and other supplies not arriving for months and months after delivery dates.

As I fell further behind on lead times the call volume increased until it became overwhelming. Simply put, I had to choose between working or providing quality customer service.

I coped poorly in some ways. There was only so much I could accomplish each week. Customers got tired of hearing, "Two more weeks", I got tired of saying it. Some customers got great service with superb products. Some customers got sorely neglected. To the neglected customers I offer my humble apologies.
The good news is, I'm nearly caught up! I've got only four overdue rifles left on the books. They'll be sent within the next few weeks.

Mr. Beasley has a valid complaint about his rifle taking 18 months to build. I offer no excuses, this is simply the reality he and I endured. However, he refused to pay the $955 he owed when the rifle was completed. This forced me to sell the rifle to generate his balance due and a refund for him. This took additional time.

I live to see the delight a customer has when the rifle received exceeds the expectations. The vast majority of my customers experience this and share it with me. I owe all my customers a debt of gratitude.

To be clear, I have sent Mr. Beasley his scope and a full refund. The rifle offered for sale is an opportunity for someone to own a superb custom with zero wait at a hell of a good price.

He is selling a gun on this site in the classified section, I wonder if that is your gun mr rastaman. Kinda scary to see a story like this, and the smith in question doesnt even respond, and then is trying to sell a gun on here, yikes. Maybe this has been resolved?

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/new-custom-dpg-300-rum-ready-ship-131470/

To be clear, I have sent Mr. Beasley his scope and a full refund. The rifle offered for sale is an opportunity for someone to own a superb custom with zero wait at a hell of a good price.

Rodger that, glad this ended up square!

Too bad Mr beasley didnt have the gumption to come back and close his open ended warning with the details of the resolution.

I wouldn't call it exactly square. The guy quit answering calls, emails and a lawyer had to be called toget things "square". That is definitely not square or good business. DPG has lost a lot if not all good reputation on my end. I would definitely not send a project over there to be done unless a lot of explaining about why he didn't answer the calls or emails, send the money back sooner, or reply on here instead of going into hiding.

I wouldn't call it exactly square. The guy quit answering calls, emails and a lawyer had to be called toget things "square". That is definitely not square or good business. DPG has lost a lot if not all good reputation on my end. I would definitely not send a project over there to be done unless a lot of explaining about why he didn't answer the calls or emails, send the money back sooner, or reply on here instead of going into hiding.

Didnt say it was a rosey outcome. But the guy got his money and scope back. At least he is back where he started. So it seems.

I wasnt going to respond to his quoted post and try and start another flamewar. I have never done business with him and dont care either way. Also we have no way of knowing for sure what lawyers did or did not do.

So once again i didnt say it was a model business practice what happened. But its square now and rastaman isnt out thousands of dollars anymore. Unless a lawyer charged him thousands to contact DPG. At least he didnt get ripped off in the end. It seems anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.