Deadly Precision Gunsmithing

backcountryguide

Two customs done by Lorenzo Young at DPG. The one in the Manners was built off a Howa action in .308 Win the other rifle is a Savage in .300 Win. Both builds wear 28in Brux #5 tubes with Lorenzo's brakes. They both went through a full blue print and bedding. Both have proved to be 1/4 min rifles. We use Berger's all the time know in all our rifles and these two have done very well with the 185VLD in the .308 and the 210VLD in the Win Mag. The fit and finish on the builds is first class and Lorenzo worked closely with us to get them just the way we wanted them. This is my second full costom rifle and Im blown away at the overall results produced by Lorenzo's work.

photo.308.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting for him to finish my first custom, the anticipation is almost killing me! I've really been impressed with Lorenzo and all the personal time he's taken to answer my questions. I hope my rifle shoots as well as yours.

If you can squeeze a trigger they will shoot. Lorenzo goes through great pains to make them that way. We have been beating up the thousand yard steel with little load development. The Howa flat shoots any thing you feed it with the Win Mag being a little more picky by nature. As a side note these two Brux barrles seem to be on the fast side. With 79gr H1000 and the 210VLD in the Win Mag we get 3025fps and with 48.5 of RL17 and a 185VLD in the the .308 we get 2835fps. Very little copper to clean thruogh out the break in.

How are those breaks??? I am building a 7mm STW and I am looking for a break with no inferior ports to prevent dirt from flying in my face.

Any ideas?? Of feedback?

My other rifle in .300 ultra wore a Vias that worked well but was hell to shoot on the ground. Better make it count the first time because you wont be able to see for a couple minutes. We know have Lorenzo's brakes on a few diffrent rifles ranging from the .308 Win all the way up to 30-378 and these perform far better without the huge ground signature of the VIAS. These will tame your rifle and make pratice alot more fun. We have a Tikka rifle in 270WSM that was a mean little bugger before Lorenzo did his thing. They work

I will get the full build specs and some pics of 1k groups up in a few days. They were both built with a special muly in mind for this fall so hopefully it all works out and we draw tags. gun)

the speed ur getting on the .308 with the 185 berger seems awful fast.are u sure about that one because most .308's i've owned never came close to that with even a 175 smk.

28 inches of brux tube and Rl-17 will work wonders in the the .308 Win. Yes I am sure about the velocity we have put over 30 rounds over the chrono. Using the Shooter app my drops have been spot on out to 1k. We have no visible signs of pressure on the brass and primers look great. Ther are alot of guys pushing heavys with .308 and Rl-17. I have been working with the 210VLD but have not got as far as I would have liked with it so Im sticking with the 185s. I think first round hits at 1k prove the velocity is what the chrono says it is. Like I said in my earlier post Ill get some pics up of a 1k group fired from the rifle. I was unsure about the RL-17 myself you have to try if you want to know for sure.

Just had a custom 300 Win Mag done by Lorenz. The rifle is stunning! When I went topick up the rifle he took me to a range and we shot it all the way out past a 1000 yards!, I would recommend to any one looking to build a custom rifle to Definitely talk to Lorenzo before purchasing anywhere else.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.