Dead sled, game sled or others?

RangerBrad

Have any of yal used these game sled type products (tarp style blankets you wrap around animal to drag out) to move your animals? How did they work for you? I'll be hunting some country about a mile off the road for bear and deer this year and was wondering about them. Thank's, Brad

A sled of some kind is a life saver!! We've just used the orange kids sleds for years and they do good but can hang up on sagebrush a little, across more open stuff you can cruise. Even if you can just get something under the front shoulders it makes it easier. I'm going to try a dead sled next year, looks easier to deal with than packing a sled in and the game may track a little better behind a guy.

Yes, they are a life saver! Mine conveniently hangs on my vest behind. I got mine at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/original-deer-sleighr-game-sled.aspx?a=450188 for $25, it measures 2'x6' and weighs ~3 pounds.

16438_1154131175415_1291767130_3038.jpg

I also augment the sled with a drag harness ...

unnamed.jpg

I have mine for 3 years now and have successfully dragged 3 deer and 5 antelopes 2+ miles thus far ...

16438_1154127775330_1291767130_3038.jpg

2011-10-08_09-14-05_601-1.jpg

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Have any of yal used these game sled type products (tarp style blankets you wrap around animal to drag out) to move your animals? How did they work for you? I'll be hunting some country about a mile off the road for bear and deer this year and was wondering about them. Thank's, Brad

Brad,
You will not be disappointed with the Game Sled product, it has and is being used throughout the US/Canada/Africa with tremendous success. Check out www.gamesled.com and review testimonials and or photos of its use. As well go to you-tube and view the videos. This product was developed for persons such as you; where huntings does not start until you are a mile back and on your own. For size and ease of use with the result you demand, you may want to check this out. Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts