DE 338 EDGE FALLOW KILLS 605 & 626 yards

We hunt pigs here in California.
How is the population of hogs down there?
How big are they?
I have a 300 win mag that has a 8x32 NXS Nightforce so I know what you mean about the sickness. Seems that each long shot makes you look for the next one just a little farther away.

Squirrel,

There are plenty of pigs in Aust. They get big too. I've seen some shot in the North end of the country that are in the 300-400 lbs !!! Thats alot of bacon !

I probably spend most of my time looking for horns... I mean...antlers however ! Just thought I'd clear that up !!

Man thats awsome, hey just curious what time is it there DUH?

Also what are the laws for non-resident aliens to hunt there?

When you talk about hunting "Buffs" you are talking about those huge Asian Water Buffalo correct?

Hi DUH,
Nice shooting.
I am based in Victoria and am looking to obtain some gear for long rangs Sambar shooting.
Can you sugest any gun shops etc for me to try.
Shoot a Sako .338WM at the moment but am looking at up grading.

DUH what is the farthest you have shot that EDGE to and how did it do

G'day mate !

The longest shot at steel I have so far is 1530 yards. Conditions were fairly average but I did land a number of cold bore shots. Have not really done much work past 1100 as I feel that is where I am at with good conds for high percentage chances at game currently. I have no doubt that it will land them further out than that !

DUH

Man thats awsome, hey just curious what time is it there DUH?

Also what are the laws for non-resident aliens to hunt there?

When you talk about hunting "Buffs" you are talking about those huge Asian Water Buffalo correct?

No problem to hunt here as non res !

As far as time 8.45 pm Thurs night now. I add 6 hours then remeber your behind us to get mt time US. So that would be 2.45 am Thurs morning now. Make any sense ?

Almost time to get out and track the road before saddling the horses in Gardiner MT for the morning Elk hunt !

The buffs are Asiatic Water Buffalo. Big sweeping horns etc...

Cheers

DUH

Hi DUH,
Nice shooting.
I am based in Victoria and am looking to obtain some gear for long rangs Sambar shooting.
Can you sugest any gun shops etc for me to try.
Shoot a Sako .338WM at the moment but am looking at up grading.

Topshot.

Pm me with your ph number and I'll give you a call tomorrow for a chat !

Cheers

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.