Danner Pronghorns - How much insulation ?

I am a guide in southwest Colorado and my pronghorns did not even last a year. Spend the money and get the American made Danners or even better i would take a look at Schnee's or Kenetrek. Great boots and amazing service

Pretty sad when a $180 pair of boots does not last a year.

I pulled the trigger and bought a pair of 400gr Pronghorns two weekends ago. Wore them casually around the house and around town for a couple weekends to make sure no major issues.

Took my first two mile hike this afternoon with a 40lb pack to start getting ready for 2nd rifle in October. No boot issues. Only about 300 feet of vertical. But so far, no issue with toe bump. And, at 35*F, no problem being too warm (for me) while walking or hiking.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Warren

I have the Danner Gtx Desert style. I did not wear them around enough last year prior to hunting and paid for it with a nasty blister. I will wear more this year prior.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.