Danner Grouse boots

fatjake

Anyone have any insight on these.

I bought a pair a few years ago and haven't hardly used them, they aren't even broke in yet

Im a total novice to mountain hunting but am going to SW Colorado this fall for a backpack hunt

not going to be doing a ton of hiking 5ish miles a day

will these suit me well

Danner boots years ago use to be the best, however the new stuff can be less than desirable. The Grouse model may also be too light for mountain use. I think you should invest in a product that has stiffer soles, sturdy construction and designed for mountain use. 5 mile treks through up and down rocky terrain is no stroll through the park...just my opinion from a guy who puts lots of miles in the mountains each year chasing elk.

I used those boots for an archery backpack hunt a couple years ago because it's what I had being mostly a bird hunter. I've got boots with stiffer soles now just as Rick suggested. Get some stiffer boots and make sure they're well broken in before you go and you'll be much happier.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.