Dall Sheep Hunt - 2007 by Michael Eichele

Dall Sheep Hunt - 2007 by Michael Eichelle

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Dall Sheep Hunt - 2007. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so that he can join the discussion.

Meichele, congrats on a fine hunt. I enjoyed your article. A friend and I keep talking about making a hunting trip to your state. We need to stop talking and do it!

Congrats Michael on a great adventure. I know that you know how lucky you are living where you do.

If my memory is correct you've got an archery elk hunt coming up on one of the islands up there? If so, I look forward to reading about that adventure.

Good luck!

I was using a Jim Horn Alaska pack and my buddy was using a external frame pack like the "camp trails" pack. After using several packs for sheep hunting now, I prefer the external pack frames. For scouting or even hunting I enjoy the soft packs, but for hauling heavy loads over up and down hill country, I prefer the frame packs. They ride your body better and dissperse weight over you body better.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.