• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Dakota M76 Classic 300WM

sbruni

Low serial number Model 76 in 300 WinMag. Nice French walnut stock. Have had it to the range once for accuracy testing and has a been in the safe for a few years now. Trip to the range was a very windy day but mostly head wind. I can say without doubt that the Dakota likes Winchester 180 grn ballistic silver tip factory loads. I bought 2 types of ammo. Fowled and sighted it in with Hornady and it wasn't anything special... about 1.25" to 1.5" groups. Then switched to Winchester. First target had two bug holes at 1:00 at the edge of the target. It could be three shots or the third could have landed just off paper in the backer. I adjusted the scope and shot another 3 shot group... which landed 1 3/4" high and measures .465 MOA. The third group hit in the same spot on the next target and measures .668 MOA. I think it's safe to say the rifle has some promise. Would probably respond well to handloads. Retail new price for this rifle is $6030. asking $3050 + shipping to your FFL. Scope and rings not included

Attachments

• Dakota76.jpg
    Dakota76.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 18