DAKOTA ARMS Sturgis, SD

Ian M

Just back from a tour of Dakota Arms in Sturgis and Black Hills Ammo in Rapid City - very interesting places to visit.
Dakota Arms is not a good place to visit unless you are capable of withstanding the urge to grab every firearm in sight and start loading the van. Most impressive to me was the hand-workmanship that goes into their rifles - lots of very skilled craftsmen building actions and rifles that have to be seen to be appreciated. Their supply of stock wood is incredible - would be very difficult to make a pick but truth is, I would go with a composite since I hate the idea of marking a work of art.
Jeff Hoffman is one busy guy, his company's output of ammo is incredible. One reason - it is the best. Couldn't happen to nicer people than Jeff and his boss. Had a very nice meal with them and enjoyed their hospitality. Jeff has more toys than any ten guys could dream about - his office has another gun vault in it to handle the heavy-barreled goodies. Seems that GA is very well represented in the collection. He is a Nightforce and Leupold buff, can't go wrong there.
Now I have to write about some of the new stuff I learned. Work is hell.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a walk through a candy store /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly!

Soooo much candy, so little cash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.