Dad Puts Elk Down!!! WITH VIDEO

Kirby does have the reamer I bought half of it and Kirby got to keep its my understanding I can use it if I need it… Don't believe he has dies for it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only that has them.

Necking up brass from the 300 ultra doesn't leave any shoulder or crush for head spacing…it's not bad but it's there I have fond that leaving the bullet way out and closing the bolt works best. If I was using 375 RUM brass I could just leave a false shoulder to seat off of.

On your last ? Haven't got to that point yet… very early in case forming really no testing done at this point. I received the rifle just before elk season had little to no time to work with it, couldn't be doing a bunch of shooting where you are going to hunt.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'll have to talk to Kirby about this. Would you mind if he used the reamer to chamber one for me?

I suppose you used a REM 700 LA for the build?

Here is my .338 UltraMaxx. as far as Kirby building one for you...I say go for it.

1000022ey6.jpg

That's a beauty! Spill the specs! Especially on that barrel/brake.

HA HA Ok!!! Here they are

30" Lilja 1-10 fluted stainless barrel
Receiver accurizing
Sako exrtactor
Holland Comp recoil lug
Wyatts 3.920" center feed mag box
Tactical bolt handle
DE bolt stop
APS Slim Painkiller muzzle brake
McMillan Rem Hunter stock pillar bedded
Night Force 8.5-32x56 NXS NP-R1
Night Force 20 MOA base
Leupold Tac Rings
Night Force angel gauge.

Probably some things I missed but I'm sure that's most of it.

JC, Could you post a pic of a fireformed case next to a 300RUM case so we can see the difference in the body taper and shoulder angle area? Thanks, Jon.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts