D Ring / Loop Stretched out = Wont Fire

SpicyTunaRoll

hey folks, new guy here. ms.spicytuna bought herself(us) a new toy to play with. so today was the day we opted to test it out. using the PSE scope that it came with, we began to do our 20yard "ZERO" but found the point of aim to point of impact was WAY off. i ended up adjusting the scope all the way to the left(as far as it could go) and we still were hitting way to the right on the target.
so i got the bright idea to move the d-loop a little to the right by twisting it. well it worked well. we were a tad high, so i adjusted the windage on the scope. then i got dead center. then a tad high again. (then we discovered the cheap scope ring mounts were loose on the picatinny rail. i tightened them up again) so we set up to take a few more shots to really get our ZERO.

i loaded the d-loop onto the appropriate hook, wound it up, and pulled the trigger. A loud "CLICK!!" was heard and the arrow flew 5 feet. the cocking sled hardly budged. i unwound the bow and found the d-loop on the front most hook. weird. i blamed myself - and tried again. i made SURE to put the d-loop onto the appropriate hook, and wound it up. was ready to take the shot, and once i pulled the trigger "CLICK!!". again the d-loop was on the front hook versus its appropriate hook.

after looking around, i realized that the arrow (when mounted onto the nock) was not depressing the safety all the way. that was due to the d-loop being too stretched out. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT I CAN FIX EASILY AT HOME?

Spicy I'm new here and this is my first post. Yes you can adjust the D loop at home. Three days ago my best friend and I received our new Tac 15s. I know a PSE rep and I called him about helping us set the Tacs up. He met us and we went over the do's and don'ts. We got both got the Tac 15 package. We sighted them in at thirty yards. I have a two hundred yard range in my backyard so we worked our way out to sixty yards with the pse scope. Its hot here so we quit shooting for the day. My pard went home and shot his some more. Well his D loop grew to doing exactly what yours is doing. I mean the same exact thing. He went to a local bow shop and the tech shortened the D loop for him. My pard watched him and told me that it was very simple. My pard cocked and let down his bow three or four times while at the shop and then the tech tied it in and was done. He has shot his bow several hundred times over the weekend just as I have mine.
He has had to paper tune his bow too. His arrows were kicking out a little until he paper tuned it and now its laying bolts in the target like its supposed to.
Funny thing is our bows are one serial number off and all I have done to mine is load and shoot it. He has had to twist the d loop, re tie the d loop and paper tune his. Both are now ready for the HHA mount which we have on order.

We are undecided on which scope to use. I do know I plan to put a red dot of some type however not sure if I am going to use a variable or a fixed power scope. The scope is what brought me here to this site searching. After reading alot of post I believe I can use a rifle scope of my choosing.
Netman

Spicy I'm new here and this is my first post. Yes you can adjust the D loop at home. Three days ago my best friend and I received our new Tac 15s. I know a PSE rep and I called him about helping us set the Tacs up. He met us and we went over the do's and don'ts. We got both got the Tac 15 package. We sighted them in at thirty yards. I have a two hundred yard range in my backyard so we worked our way out to sixty yards with the pse scope. Its hot here so we quit shooting for the day. My pard went home and shot his some more. Well his D loop grew to doing exactly what yours is doing. I mean the same exact thing. He went to a local bow shop and the tech shortened the D loop for him. My pard watched him and told me that it was very simple. My pard cocked and let down his bow three or four times while at the shop and then the tech tied it in and was done. He has shot his bow several hundred times over the weekend just as I have mine.
He has had to paper tune his bow too. His arrows were kicking out a little until he paper tuned it and now its laying bolts in the target like its supposed to.
Funny thing is our bows are one serial number off and all I have done to mine is load and shoot it. He has had to twist the d loop, re tie the d loop and paper tune his. Both are now ready for the HHA mount which we have on order.

We are undecided on which scope to use. I do know I plan to put a red dot of some type however not sure if I am going to use a variable or a fixed power scope. The scope is what brought me here to this site searching. After reading alot of post I believe I can use a rifle scope of my choosing.
Netman

hey man thanks so much for your reply. why didnt your buddy contact PSE or the place where you bought the bow at for an adjustment? was it free? how much did it cost? im pretty upset that a brand new bow with 20-30 shots and this d-loop stretched out. they should have used wire or nylon (non stretching) string. i hope this isnt a sign of the future.

Guys,

The D-loop material used on the TAC stings is heavier duty than D-loop material for compound bows. Hopefully your bow shop used something similar.

I haven't run across the string loop stretching problem. I wonder if the loop was installed a bit long when the string was built. I know PSE would be happy to replace your string for you.

I know PSE would be happy to replace your string for you.
does that mean we have to ship it back? this thing is freakin HUGE lol. its the size of my old M240 from the army
fn_mag_g.jpg

The bow shop that fixed the d loop used the same loop they just tightened the loop up. I believe the knot is a cinch knot. They charged my pard 3 bucks for the work. All is well now.
Its on to a better scope as deer season is near.

Andy with our serial numbers being consecutive its funny watching my buddy get his bow tuned up while I just sit there sipping ice tea.

Similar thing happened to my new elite but difference was when I went to release it down the cocking rope broke destroying the bow.

Never had a D-Loop stretch, so I am thinking yours was made a little long at factory as Len suggested.

so i got the bright idea to move the d-loop a little to the right by twisting it. well it worked well.
In my experience the D-loop should be centered down the middle of the rail when TAC 15 is all way let down. The D-loop is pulled to center of rail at full draw by shuttle and string catch (what hammer hits to release).

The cams should be at the same point of rotation at full draw and let down. If the cams are not in sync at both let down and full draw, you will have center shot problems that can cause arrows to hit left at one distance and right at another distance.

A word of caution. The TAC 15's draw weight is adjusted differently than normal compound bows. You need an experienced TAC dealer to show you how.

Just a bit of advice: The regular string loops you get for compounds will work but they stretch so the trick is to pre stretch it. They come in around 4 inch sections. Tie the very ends of the section to the string as you normally would. This will leave you with a really long Loop. Now attach the slide and cock the bow. Let it back down and cock it again 3 or 4 times. Then if you have time, cock it and let it sit. Obviously ,the longer it sits the better as you are trying to remove any stretch from the loop.After this process , remove one side of the loop and wax the loop. The wax will allow you to pull your knots tighter and gives less initial stretch from the knot tightening the first time you cock it. Now tie your loose end to make the proper size loop, making sure to tie it a little bit shorter than it should be. the tightening of your new knot and the initial wear and tear will stretch the loop to the proper length...... It sounds like a lot of trouble but it's really not that much.

Aha! I was able to get my hands on the Tac D loop strings. I have heard from everyone including a PSE tech on the phone that they will not release the Tac loops. You have to replace the entire string/cable assembly with the loop already attached, which is just silly to me. I contacted my local pro shop I deal with and he in turn explained the situation to his PSE rep. He had the loops in 3 days. Just wanted everyone to know that you can in fact get the loops by themselves. Just might have to press the right buttons.....:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts