D.C.'s spot

Boyd Heaton

D.C.\'s spot

fd0d0a52.jpg

Re: D.C.\'s spot

In the pic that Boyd posted for me, is only a part of what we see all day.
From the spot I took this pic we have shooting in a 360 degree circle and behind me is better shooting then what you see in the pic.

If you look at the top open snow patch on the right mountain, is where we killed the elk at 2100 yards a few years ago.

This is why I return every year to the same area. Where I took the pic from is at 7500 feet elevation.

Thanks for posting it Boyd.
DC
smile.gif

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

I just hope that one day before I go to that long range hunting spot in the sky.I get to spend just one Minute in a spot like that...

That pic you posted is from where we camp at.

About 8 years ago My hunting buddy (Jim Berfield) killed a Buck at 1250 yards and I killed a Bull elk at 1360 yards in that mountain your looking at.

Someday old buddy
grin.gif
I may have to tell or show you my secret spots in Colorado.

Later
DC
smile.gif

QH,

One of the neatest things about my spot is there are always sheep to entertain you... (uh that didn't sound good ) I mean to watch.. the adgility (sp)of these animals is amazing!!!!

QH

Yes, we did see some in the higher areas we can glass. Some of our Horseman friends saw some up high. You can ALWAYS see sheep in the Avalanche (near Marble) area.

We stay at about 7500 to 8000 feet and some of our group go on up to 10000 feet or more.

Littletoes
One pic is worth 10,000 words they say.
That Colorado country we hunt in is hard to beat anywhere.

Ric
Don't want to get too intimate with the Sheep in your area unless of course, you have been in the woods too long and can't get back to your lovely wife.
grin.gif
grin.gif

It better be one hell-of-a-sheep for that to happen though.

Have a good one to All
DC
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ 11-13-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

I was trying to trick you into telling me where you go (had a guess). You went ahead and told me!
You mentioned a couple of hunters from Ohio. I know a guy from Ohio or Kentucky near Cincinatti who rents ponies and goes up there every year. Did you happen to run into a guy named Rodney?

DC,

I don't have to tell you how COLD it gets at 7000 - 9000 ft. and those things are so cute....

I guess it's a good thing the area is only less than a mile from my back door!!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> guess it's a good thing the area is only less than a mile from my back door!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Show off.......
mad.gif
mad.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.