CZ BRUNO 452 American 22lr

nelson

Does anybody have any experiance with the CZ 452 rim fires today was my first day with the gun decided to clean the barrel to get rid of any packing grease etc my JB Dewey cleaning rod got seriously stuck in the barrel first pass. after much swearing cursing and contemplation of general destruction,my wife and I got the rod out. Any way cleaned it up with my friends 20 cal rod using 22 brushes etc. did some preliminary testing of ammo. Found groups to average from .38 to 4.75 inches ( 5 shots) found that any of the new uber cool high velocity stuff shot very poorly cci velociters being the worst) after sitting down with my results I have found that the faster the ammo the worse the gun shot. As far as average high velocity stuff win powerpoints seemed to group about the best average about .5 of an inch at 50 yards. Eley pistol match shot the best overall at about .380. Has anyone found the cz rimfires to be velocity sensitive and has your gun ever tried to eat your cleaning rod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Virtually all .22 rimfire rifles are velocity sensitive. That's why competitive rimfire shooters often order a new lot of ammo that the maker lists having the same muzzle velocity as the one they're running out of that shot great. Eley lists muzzle velocity (their barrels) for their top grades of ammo.

dont know about one in 22lr but I have one in 17hmr and it is rimfire perfection .
UB

Yeah, first thing, stop rodding .22 lr barrels. If you MUST clean them, use a pull through made out of a mop string.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.