Cutting Edge Projos

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Augustus, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Augustus

Augustus Well-Known Member

Just an update on the Cutting Edge solids. I have shot more of the 375 and 400 gr and can report these are very stable and accurate out of the 13-6.5 gain twist. I have shot them at 1000 and 1760 yds.There has been testing done by another individual with the 350 gr out of a 10 twist with very good results. I have fired a few of the 375 and 400 gr from an 8 twist and they seem to be stable. I will need to do more testing at distance to see if everyting hangs together out past a mile

I intend to test these on hogs to see how they do on game in the next few days.

2. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

How was the fouling with your testing? What cleaners did you use? Did you see any unexpected spikes in pressures? I want to try some of the 338's.

3. Augustus

Augustus Well-Known Member

Fouling dont seem to be a problem. I usually clean with KG-12 every 25-30 rds. The BMG loads I posted are not overpresure and I have loaded the same brass up to 15 times. The US 869 loads are on the warm side and the brass gets a little sticky after 5 or six loadings. I havent seen any unexplained pressure spikes with either load. US 869 dont seem to get consistant until the pressure reaches the upper limits. I really like the BMG load, extraction is effortless and the brass life is very good. ES usually runs in the single digits.