Cutting Edge Projos

Augustus

Just an update on the Cutting Edge solids. I have shot more of the 375 and 400 gr and can report these are very stable and accurate out of the 13-6.5 gain twist. I have shot them at 1000 and 1760 yds.There has been testing done by another individual with the 350 gr out of a 10 twist with very good results. I have fired a few of the 375 and 400 gr from an 8 twist and they seem to be stable. I will need to do more testing at distance to see if everyting hangs together out past a mile

I intend to test these on hogs to see how they do on game in the next few days.

How was the fouling with your testing? What cleaners did you use? Did you see any unexpected spikes in pressures? I want to try some of the 338's.

Fouling dont seem to be a problem. I usually clean with KG-12 every 25-30 rds. The BMG loads I posted are not overpresure and I have loaded the same brass up to 15 times. The US 869 loads are on the warm side and the brass gets a little sticky after 5 or six loadings. I havent seen any unexplained pressure spikes with either load. US 869 dont seem to get consistant until the pressure reaches the upper limits. I really like the BMG load, extraction is effortless and the brass life is very good. ES usually runs in the single digits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.