Cute Guide Guide

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Well it wasn't a long range shot, but it were tricky and I couldn't complain about my guide. My daughter spotted 90% of the antelope before I did, including this one. Rather humbling it was. The shot on this buck was around 150 yards, but he had the after burner's really flaring. One shot had his nose snorting dirt. I've certainly missed them closer moving a lot slower so I was happy.

AntelopeTroyDanielle05Small_original.jpg

For those of you that like all the tech-stuff. The bullet was a 165gr Hornady IB out of my customized 30.06. Not my main long range outfit, but it's set up to do so, in a pinch.

Congradulations Big Sky and daughter,

Yup thats a nice guide you have there,great fun hunting with a youngster.
Nice pronghorn. Mike

Big Sky,
Owesome, great picture, nice goat!
I don't understand, your gide, she looks like you, but she is pretty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Great hunt!!!
Congratulations to both of you!!!
Respectfully,
Javier O Moncada

Good to see the girls getting involved!!

It gives me hope that I can convince my little girl to go w/me.

Good looking goat too!!! Congrats!!!

Fiftydriver, she has 4 years until she can put the whammy on a speed goat. I don't think she will hesitate. This weekend I'm going to teach her how to shoot a 22 and this winter the local cottontail rabbits had better watch out! Here's a photo from last winter. She knows what to expect, now I just have to let her be the one on the trigger.
RabbitsDanielle1.jpg

Big Sky,
I like the picture quality. It looks like both photos were taken with the same camera. What brand and model is it?

Big Sky

I love hunting rabbits in the snow. Its been a long time. Used to drive up into the mountians to the pinyon chained areas after a snow and use a 17 Rem to shoot them in the head.

The snowshoes hares in Montana must be huge.

What I did with my children was to start them out with a Crossman pump up 177 BB/pellet gun. I built a BB trap with sand in the bottom and they could shoot from the driveway into the garage (with full eye protection of course). By the time my daughter was 15 she could outshoot just about anybody. She never did take up hunting but she can shoot, paddle or backpack with anybody, anytime, anywhere.

Great pictures, brings back lots of good memories.

Nice job, it is great to see that you keep the family involved. Congrats!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congradulations on the hunt. What could be better than filling the tag? Well, filling the tag with your kid(s) along. It seems that there is a wave of hunters bringing young "pre hunters" along. It seems that dads and uncles and grand dads would bring the new hunters along when they hit legal hunting age but now we are bringing them out much earlier. You and Shawn Carlock and myself that I know of just on these forums and it seems that I've seen quite a few in the field as well.

Am I imagining this or does it seem the same to anyone else?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.