Custom straight line dies

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Guest, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a .222 Rem improved with a 45 degree shoulder.
    I have previously neck sized in standard press but now need to FLS occasionally.
    Also I wish to begin using a straight line bench rest style neck bushing die and seater.
    who can make these dies for me?
    I sent a fax to LE Wilson but nothing but deathly silence there.
    The chamber reamer was made by Dave kiff to suit a previous barrell which had 500 fireformed cases.
    Thanks in advance

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

go to neil jones at www.neiljones.com

He makes the best inline custom dies around.

BH

3. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

If only the vary best will do, then you want to call Jim Cartenson. (568-689-6258) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

I have been told that Dave Kiff can also cut you a sizing die. If he made your reamer, he should have the drawing too. Don't know his prices.

Hornady can CNC you a die for $109 plus shipping, but be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks. Lonnie Hummel is your contact at 800-338-3220.

One of Jim Cartensen dies will cost $195. He can be reached at 563-689-6172.

db

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the input so far.
    I wish to clarify that I want to use an arbor style press with straight line dies IE no shellholder style.
    I have seen the Neil Jones type mentioned before but they are for the threaded reloading press type such as the RCBS press I currently use, are they not?
    For run out; concentricity and alignment issues I wish to go straight line sizing and seating without an expander ball or shellholder. I will use the correct sized bushing to give me the desired neck tension.

6. TOM H

TOM H Well-Known Member

You can get Neil's dies either threaded or arbor type. May want to send a fired case to him so that the bushing are the rigth size and shoulder angle. I've got the old BR round but in a varmit rifle called a 222 1/2 I use his set of arbor dies for that.

7. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Neil Jones dies are either inline or 7/8.

They are the only dies with a shoulder bump bushing. All others use standard neck bushings.

BH

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you elaborate on the advantages of the "shoulder bump bushing"?