Custom straight line dies

G

I have a .222 Rem improved with a 45 degree shoulder.
I have previously neck sized in standard press but now need to FLS occasionally.
Also I wish to begin using a straight line bench rest style neck bushing die and seater.
who can make these dies for me?
I sent a fax to LE Wilson but nothing but deathly silence there.
The chamber reamer was made by Dave kiff to suit a previous barrell which had 500 fireformed cases.
Thanks in advance

If only the vary best will do, then you want to call Jim Cartenson. (568-689-6258) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been told that Dave Kiff can also cut you a sizing die. If he made your reamer, he should have the drawing too. Don't know his prices.

Hornady can CNC you a die for $109 plus shipping, but be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks. Lonnie Hummel is your contact at 800-338-3220.

One of Jim Cartensen dies will cost $195. He can be reached at 563-689-6172.

db

Thanks for the input so far.
I wish to clarify that I want to use an arbor style press with straight line dies IE no shellholder style.
I have seen the Neil Jones type mentioned before but they are for the threaded reloading press type such as the RCBS press I currently use, are they not?
For run out; concentricity and alignment issues I wish to go straight line sizing and seating without an expander ball or shellholder. I will use the correct sized bushing to give me the desired neck tension.

You can get Neil's dies either threaded or arbor type. May want to send a fired case to him so that the bushing are the rigth size and shoulder angle. I've got the old BR round but in a varmit rifle called a 222 1/2 I use his set of arbor dies for that.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.