Well then you have plenty of time to start down the reloading rabbit hole. I wish I would've started way before I did. I went through countless factory ammo rounds in my rifles and handguns In my younger years. I was too busy raising a family, working my tail off, and having fun to think about what I was missing. Sorry for the derail and enjoy the project.

I will have to chime in here and say 7 Saum if you are going to reload and 6.5 PRC if you are wanting to use factory ammo. The 7 PRC will be cool when I start seeing components available but I do not see that happening any time soon.

I will have to chime in here and say 7 Saum if you are going to reload and 6.5 PRC if you are wanting to use factory ammo. The 7 PRC will be cool when I start seeing components available but I do not see that happening any time soon.
I have 2 6.5 PRCs right now and enjoy shooting them just want a little bigger round. I've leaned to the 7 SAUM for a long time but seen the 7 PRC and had to get others' thoughts. So I appreciate your information.

7 SAUM hands down. My short action is still running the 180 HVLD @ 2912fps w/H1000. The caveat being i'm running a 26" bbl.

The PRC sounds like a winner, but it's unobtanium right now.

t
Yeah, the hard part is I normally like to run factory bullets for a while to figure out the rifle. The reason the 7 PRC would be nice if Hornady could get ammo out would be the factory rounds.