• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Rem 700 BDL 243 AI

tashabay716

For Sale:

Selling the gun I built for my 14 year old daughter. A little too heavy for her.

Rem 700 action from early 70's that has been fully trued and blueprinted. This is an extremely nice older action that is super smooth.
Over size stainless pinned recoil lug.

Lilja stainless steel fluted #5 contour 1-12 twist barrel
Chambered in 243 Ackley Improved with no turn neck.

Stock is Remington 5R Special Edition with dual palm swells/three studs/ wide forearm, nice recoil pad with remington stamped on the pad. Color is green and black webbing.

Trigger is "old style" Remington trigger fully adjustable for overtravel, sear engagement and trigger pull weight. I had gunsmith set to 3lbs for daughter.

Bottom metal is Remington BDL blued. Slight wear on the bluing on the bottom plate-I tried to show in picture.

This gun shoots 87 grain v-max under 1/2 MOA and would probably shoot bergers much better, but I did not do a lot of load development since she did not like the gun. Gun also shoots regular 243 Winchester ammo very well. I killed several varmints at 300+ yards with the fireforming loads using 70 grain nosler balistic tips. Would shoot factory 243 Winchester ammo plenty good enough to deer hunt with.

Gunsmithing done by Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifle in PA.

I have over $2200.00 invested in this gun. Selling for $1,600.00 shipped to your FFL via USPS Priority Mail in hard case with tracking from Individual with photo ID enclosed.
Any questions, just email me at [email protected]

Scope and rings are already sold.

Attachments

• gun1.JPG
    gun1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
  • gun2.JPG
    gun2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 12
  • gun3.JPG
    gun3.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
Ok, getting peppered with questions, so here is some info I left out of original posting:

LOP on stock is 13.5
Stock is not glass or devcon bedded, but it does have aluminum bedding block as part of stock

Barrel length is 22 inches from front of recoil lug, so about 23.5 including chamber

Less than 200 rounds fired.

New barrel ordered from Lilja. I can supply the invoice. Break-in was one round, clean, 3 rounds, clean, 5 rounds clean and then clean every 5 rounds after that. It quit coppering at about 25 rounds. I then clean after every 10-20 rounds or so. I use a Mike Lucas bore guide, coated Dewey rod, aluminum jag that has been red loctited to the rod and then seam ground down so there is not edge between rod and jag. I use bore tech C4 carbon cleaner, bore tech copper remover and bore tech eliminator for most of the cleaning with some butch's bore shine and Kroil oil.

The floor plate wear did not occur while the FP was on the rifle. The wear was already on the FP when I purchased it on this forum and installed on the rifle.

In response to PM's, I would sell the barreled action alone for $1,200.00 shipped.

better pics

Attachments

• G_1.JPG
    G_1.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 15
  • G_2.JPG
    G_2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 14
  • G_3.JPG
    G_3.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
  • G_4.JPG