• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Rem 700 .22-243 win

OKbow87

I am selling my coyote rifle. Wanting to build a new lighter weight version. Scope, rings, bases, stock pack, and sling are not included.

Rem 700 action
Hart #5.5 contour 8 twist 26"
Manners MCS-T in coyote tan with three sling studs(2 front, 1 back)
Factory BDL bottom metal
Timney trigger
Black cerakote on barreled action.

Gun has between 400 and 500 rounds down the barrel. All the metal work was done by wildcat precision in Sayre, OK. Chambered for 80 grain sierras or bergers. Was originally bedded into a hs precision stock.

Had the gun cerakoted by Ted's custom gun in Weatherford, OK.

Switched the stock to the manners mcs-t, and had it pillar bedded by Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy in Jones, OK.

There are three blemishes on this rifle. There is some wear in the cerakote around the muzzle from sliding it in and out of a tacforce drag bag, I have removed some material from the bolt handle recess of the stock to keep the bolt handle from touching and have not touched it up, and there is some surface rust on the rear of the cocking piece.

img0212cj.jpg

img0213jr.jpg

img0214lc.jpg

img0215di.jpg

img0219e.jpg

Asking ($1500)... ($1400)... ($1350)... $1300 for the complete gun.
Rings and bases can be had for $200.
All prices are obo and include shipping.

Colin

Last edited:
can I ask you what the rifle ways. What bullet are you shooting through it. And what is the diameter at the muzzle.

Well i put the calipers on it, and its .750 at the muzzle. Which I guess makes it a #5.5 instead of rem varmint contour. The only way I have to weigh it was to stand on the bathroom scale and had my girlfriend hand it to me. It showed a 8lbs increase, but I would guess it closer to 9lbs personally.

I shot 80 grain bergers for the first 300 rounds, and switched to a milder load with 75 amax's for the last 100+ rounds, as I went to shoot some prairie dogs and wanted to run a bullet with a little more pop to it and not as hot of a load. I put less than 100 rounds through it in 3 days of shooting pdogs.

Is this gun still available? What is the trigger pull and total weight of the rifle? Also, what kinds of groups does this rifle hold and long ranges?