Custom Precision Long Range Hunting Rifles For Sale - Ready to ship

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
FROM Cabinfever:

I wouldn't overlook the custom rifles for sale right here on this site. The components they use are certainly top notch and are conducive to long range accuracy. I'm new to the site and don't know Len from Adam, however, it appears he makes a nice rifle. The one review I read about the rifle was very good, and don't overlook the 4-6 week build time. Most in the industry are 6-9 months. Just curious, has anyone shot or own one of these rifles? Been drooling over that 6.5-284.

Cabinfever, thanks for the plug in a different thread on the forum. As the owner of this website, I can attest to the fact that we do indeed have good component suppliers and good gunsmiths right here on LRH. In fact, I use them exclusively for the long range rifles I have for sale.

I have used several of them over the years for my own projects, both personal and for my custom, precision, long range hunting rifles at Long Range Rifles, LLC business.

All the gunsmiths on LRH seem to be making their customers very happy from what I've read in the forum threads or even heard through the grapevine. I'd be comfortable using any one of them if I were you.

My niche in the "for sale" long range rifles area, though, is to limit the choice of cartridge and rifle components in order to offer for sale, rifles ready to ship . Or if you want to choose colors, then it is 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

3209-338-edge.jpg

1617-small-border.jpg

7d-group.jpg

The cartridge choice available in the rifles I have for sale is derived from a poll of LRH members that has been running for a couple of years so far and so far has opinions from 2,400 long range hunters.

Poll-cartridge-5-22-11.jpg

As a result of that poll I offer my "for sale" rifles in the following cartridges.

LRR-navigation.jpg
Ready to ship: Long Range Rifles, LLC

Last edited:
Len the attachments at bottom don't seem to open.

I got an idea about your approach here,, shove it aside if crazy..
Work up a load and fire groups, both for record with each gun. It should be easy given the limits in cartridges and standardization of builds.
Auction best performing guns based on their actual capabilities.

We have alot of choices in guns, but are reluctant to 'roll the dice' most the time.
Yeah so & so says his gun shoots great. But mine, from the same company, will likely be THE dud among them, and my wad is shot, the ole lady shuts it down... Right?

I work with guys that spend months laboring over bigger scope purchases, and they have plenty of money. They usually 'change the torture', buying mid-priced scopes instead. Another half measure they'll resent..
People do this, because risk is a demotivator.
Remove the risk. Absorb it & shield us from it.

Just an idea

I like the short wait time or even "Ready to Ship", that's great.

I ordered two custom rifles over a year ago, both have taken longer than anticipated. In fact, had the first one had showed up on time, I'd already have a load developed and drops figured and be out shooting it beyond 400, 500, 600 yds right now. But as it ended up, I am still in the fireforming brass process and have only been able to shoot a "random picked" fireforming load to this point. The other is slightly overdue, but not bad. Not grossly overdue like the first one was. I know the guy building it does first class work and is extremely busy, so I don't want to rush it or bother him too much about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lens' Demo 243 AI will shoot the 105 Berger Hunting VLD's and I'll report back what I find here. I may even try the 115 D-Tacs or Bergers, but I don't have any 115's yet:)

Last edited:
Mike

I fixed the attachments, thanks much.

As to the group shooting idea, that's a good one. But --- with all the time driving to the range I'd cut into my grandkids' time and my "12 trips out west per year" time. :)

And since my shipped rifles have all been shooters with minimal effort on the part of the buyers I don't feel it's necessary. gun)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane

I've been shooting 115 Bergers in that rifle. Email me your address, (I only have the one for your FFL holder) and I'll ship you a box.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.