CUSTOM H&R in 22lr. MATCH - picture...

DandT

This is a picture on an H&R that I fully customized and rebuilt. here is a list of specs on the gun -

The gun itself is an H&R Ultra...

The barrel is a 1.062" diameter stainless steel bull barrel from Green Mountain / 21" in length / chambered in 22 lr. MATCH...

The barrel was made by what I refer to as "barrel stubbing...

The thumbhole stock set is custom made specifically for us. The forend is a 3" wide beavertail model designed for riding the bags...

The trigger has been adjusted to a crisp glass breaking 6 ounces...

The base is a 1-piece Weaver and the rings are Burris Signature Zee Rings that use the nylon inserts...

The scope is a Weaver T-36X target scope...

This gun will consistantly shoot under 1/4" at 50 yards and average 3/4" at 100 yards....

[img}http://www.hunt101.com/?p=491465&c=500&z=1"[/img]
491465-big.jpg

D&T

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir,

the forend is designed to "ride the bags". That piece on the forward edge of the forend is just a block of walnut that I sat under it to take the picture....

D&T

I should have been a little clearer in my question. Often a two piece stock rifle will be sensitive to whether the barrel is freefloated or how much pressure is there and how the fore end is attached. While a 22 will not generate a lot of vibration under recoil, I am simply curious as to whether you used the factory method of installing the foreend.

Sir,

I drilled and tapped the barrel for a 1/4-28 screw and the forend is both epoxy and pillar bedded up to the attaching screw with the rest of the forend being free floated...

This gun, like most H&R's do seem to shoot best when the front rest is directly in the center between the receiver and forend mounting screw....

D&T

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.