Custom Builders

DreaminofMT6x6s

Looking for a good builder and there's not a lot in South Eastern Wyoming. Came across Weaver in CO, RedHawk Rifles and Craig's Custom rifles in AZ. Anyone have any recommendations or know about these guys?

Welcome to LRH. Your name indicates that you spend some time in MT? You might check out Kirby Allen of APS. He is a sponsor on this site and an exceptional gunsmith. He is in Fort Shaw MT.

Steve

I should also give a plug to Rhian (bigngreen) a respected member of LRH. He is in Dillon MT.

Steve

Ok so I've been doing a ton of research and even got a quote from a guy to see where he was at. My impression is that a number of builders are the realitvely same price range...some even garuantee accuracy which is a must if I'm spending this kind of Mula!! Although I'm sure any of these rifles will probably be ridiculously accurate.

Anyway I've come across Beanlands and Gradous, which seem more prestigious then some others. Thoughts? Everyone that I've seen I think can put together a sweet rig but what else should I be looking for? CCR seemed like they were rushing just getting my questions answered but they garuantee accuracy and they build some cool stuff.

And to answer the MT thing...I was stationed there for three years in Great Falls where I met my wife. Her whole family is there so I've done quite of but of elk hunting there and love it, but we have PCS'd to Wyoming for the foreseeable future and the hunting is just as good if not better especially when it comes to bear and antelope. Thanks guys.

Ok so I've been doing a ton of research and even got a quote from a guy to see where he was at. My impression is that a number of builders are the realitvely same price range...some even garuantee accuracy which is a must if I'm spending this kind of Mula!! Although I'm sure any of these rifles will probably be ridiculously accurate.

Anyway I've come across Beanlands and Gradous, which seem more prestigious then some others. Thoughts? Everyone that I've seen I think can put together a sweet rig but what else should I be looking for? CCR seemed like they were rushing just getting my questions answered but they garuantee accuracy and they build some cool stuff.

And to answer the MT thing...I was stationed there for three years in Great Falls where I met my wife. Her whole family is there so I've done quite of but of elk hunting there and love it, but we have PCS'd to Wyoming for the foreseeable future and the hunting is just as good if not better especially when it comes to bear and antelope. Thanks guys.

A belated welcome to LRH .... enjoy!

I've been at Malmstrom since 2003, retired in 2007 but still work on base as a civil service employee since 2007.

Those are good choice of builders. If you're at FE, you might consider Gre'Tan Rifles too.

If you opt to have it build by a gun builder in GF, there's 5 LR builders within an hour's drive.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.