Custom build questions.

YOSEPPY

I'm wanting to do a custom 6.5x47 lapua build, but I don't know what action to use. I've narrowed it down to either a snowy mountain action or a stiller predator action. What would you guys uses an why?

We are building two 6.5x47s on the new defiance action, we also use the Stiller action quite a bit and their port is cut to be very friendly to VLDs and other longer bullets. I have not seen any Snowy Mountain actions in the shop so I can't comment on them other then they look to be a great product.

I'd use a Snowy Mtn. action between the two, but I also work for SMR. ;) I actually don't have any experience with Stiller actions but have heard many good reports about them and honestly wouldn't hesitate to use one. Our actions are now produced for us by Defiance Machine, so we have one of the best action makers in the country producing these for us to use in our rifles. These are extremely good actions.

Geb

Having two Stiller's on custom builds I can say they work just fine :cool: On the other hand, I just received a long action Defiance Deviant.... holy crap these things are really bad ***. If I can find one, a LH Deviant will be my next action.

Defiance/SMR all the way.

t

Last I checked, I believe we were running about 4-6 weeks from Defiance. Should be somewhere around there but can get ore accurate lead times if you wish.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.