custom bolt handle 700 remington

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by wyoming4x4, Apr 8, 2013.

1. wyoming4x4

wyoming4x4 Well-Known Member

looking to possibly do a custom bolt handle. wanting something a little longer mainly. big hands is my issue. thanks from wyoming.gun)

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

3. sj-pratt

sj-pratt Official LRH Sponsor

Wyoming4x4

Take a look at this one, I put quite a few of these on and they look nice and give you that extra reach.

Attached Files:

4. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

5. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

6. wyoming4x4

thanks guys. very cool and will be upgrading my ultramag, pronto! cool and functional just what i need!

7. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

Contact Dan at www.accu-tig.com He'll give you some basic instructions to make a measurement with a feeler gage before you send him your bolt. Have him install a Holland Tac Handle. It is a tad longer (like you asked for) and hasn't the big knob like these thread on knobs do. It's shaped kinda' like a Rem handle, but longer. When you get it back, you'll not only have a nicer/better handle that's tig welded on (instead of silver soldered), and, the extraction timing will be correct. All in all, the cost including Priority Mail is about $85.. Money well spent! You've killed two birds with one stone,,,, a better handle and positive extraction. I've seen way too many of those big knobs, that are threaded on, be 'finger wackers' that hurt every time ya' squeeze one off.

8. wyoming4x4

thanks sj-pratt. kinda like that simple clean look. message sent.lightbulb