custom barrel advice

??? a new Sendero will come in at or under 9lbs and that's with the H-S stock and Sendero taper barrel.

If I remember correctly my last bdl 7mm Rem Mag was right at 7lbs with the magnum sporter barrel and factory plastic stock.

No idea. This rifle, factory other than bedding and trigger job, with the Monarch scope is barely under 8 lbs.

M7-1.jpg

Remington's website lists the 7mm Rem Mag BDL at 7.5 lbs and my M7 at 6.5 lbs. Add your scope and rings/bases, you're going to be 9-10 lbs depending on your scope. That's still before anything else hung on it.

26" Senderos are listed at 8.5 lbs. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you're going to have to look for lightweight parts everywhere else to put that profile/length barrel and still come at 9 lbs or less with a scope on it. That's assuming the 8-9 lbs stated as the weight limit was to include a scope. I think that weight is not attainable with that barrel, scope mounted, bipod, and sling without fluting everything and really going lightweight on everything you possibly can.

And to clarify, I'm talking total weight you're carrying around including everything mounted/hung on it as you'd take it to hunt/shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.