Custom action?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Long Range, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Long Range

Long Range Well-Known Member

I'm working on first gun build and was looking at custom actions but have no experience with any of them. I'm building a 7mm-300 WSM and want to do it on a lomg fram. There are many to choose from and I'm sure they all function well I would just like some input on some of them from people that has or have a custom action. Please list pros and cons of each action because I'm starting from scratch and I want a good foundation.

2. webs

webs Well-Known Member

Well depends on what you are willing to spend. Stiller is one of the cheaper Remington 700 clones.

3. Long Range

Long Range Well-Known Member

How much are the stiller actions and are there any others that I should consider. Also what is the led time on a custom action.

4. jrsolocam

jrsolocam Well-Known Member

Prices used to be on their website. Stiller, Borden, Defiance, McMillan, Pierce, Nesika, BAT, plus many other good ones. They are all good. I have a Borden and Defiance, its like Chevy vs Ford.....For the person who isn't shooting competition or extreme long range I don't think you will go wrong with any of them.