Custom 6MM Remington.

Immortal

huntingpictures.jpg
Finally got my newest rifle scoped up and figured I would post a couple pics. Built on a 700 action that has been trued and squared. Has a Jewell 8oz. trigger. Barrel is a 27 1/2" Shilen Select Match with a 1-10 twist. Sits in a Choate stock. Topped it off with a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 w/ MOA reticle (bought scope from a member here) in Burris XTR low rings.

Seems to like Varget powder and 87gr. vmaxes.

huntingpictures201.jpg
huntingpictures203.jpg

good looker you have there. 40.1 or 40.7 is a toss-up. I like the all horizontal group of 40.1 but 4 out of 5 in one hole certainly makes you pause...

What kind of velocity do you get from that setup?

L_L

Thanks LL. Not sure on velocity. Probably around 3300 if I had to guess.My step dad has a chrony, I just gotta get it before I head to the range.
The 40.7gr. load measured .133 for the 4 shots. Pretty sure I was the cause of the flyer. I did another 5 shot group with the same load and it measured .319. It was pretty windy that day. I'm going to play with the seating depth a little.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.