• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom ,50 Alaskan BFR revolver

the gun shop I use was closed yesterday(his normal closed day) and today (no idea why) I'll get on him first thing tomorrow. What kind of sight is on the gun? How was your accuracy? What was your favorite load that the gun likes?

Rear sight is Lyman 66 peep with a brass bead on the front. I never tryed to shoot groups, but it shot well when I sighted it in. My load was 525 gr LFNGC bullet with 48 gr IMR 4198 at 1750 fps. It can be loaded higher, but I prefer keeping hard cast below 1750, because anything more and you will lose penetration due to bullet deformation.

A few years ago at a campout with some friends from Levergunlovers.com in Wyoming we we shooting into a log that was about 30 inches in diameter and my gun penetrated the entire log. I would guess it would not have any problem going though a Brown Bear from end to end and that is what that caliber was designed to do. Load it up with some solids and I would not hesitate to hunt anything on the planet.

I found another gun shop that will do it if my normal one won't. He asked for your fax number he said he'll fax you his license

will do. I'm assuming shipping is included in $1225 price Do you have any cases or shells to get me started? Do you still have the other apperature for Lyman? Have you killed anything with this gun? just curious how the penetration was on live animal. The other gunshop doesn't open till noon ( I'd rather use them) How long does personal check take to clear is it worth money order? Kinda anxious to start shooting this beast

I will include 10 of my loads. The price includes shipping via ground. I have shipped rifles in the past via the post office. I don't have any other aperatures. Only have shot a whitetail with it so not much of a test as it went though both shoulders. My bank says 5 days to be sure on out of state check.

finally got ffl license from Mulligan's Gun shop P.O. Box 871 - 69 potomac street, Ridgeley, WV 26753 I got money order to speed things up. It's in the mail now Thanks, Chuck - Carl Slemmer

do you know what the barrel twist rate is? Where did you buy your bullets from?