• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 308. 700SS, McMillan A-5, NXS

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Looking to part ways with one of my 308s. I have one too many 308s and I am looking to fund another project and looking to downsize to a lighter scope.

Specs:

Remington 700 stainless short action right hand.
Blueprinted with the addition of a Badger Ordinance knob.
Wyatt extended box magazine (can load to 2.975" and feed reliably).

26" Bartlein barrel stainless, 11.25x 5R rifling in Sendero contour.
Throated to optimize the 208AMAX/ELDM and 215 Hybrids.

Timney trigger 2.5#.

McMillan A5 (heavy fill) in McMillan camo. Karsten adjustable cheek rest. Pillar bedded to this action.

Nightforce 20MOA one piece rail. This is bedded to the action and will be sold with this action no exceptions. It is not bonded to the action and is removable.

Nightforce steel rings.

NXS 5.5-22x50mm scope. MIL/MIL with MLR reticle and zero stop.
Scope is in good shape. There are minor defects on the finish indicating normal use. The glass is perfect as far as I can see. I do have the sunshade (not pictured).

The past couple of years this rifle was used mainly as an F-TR rig. It has a little over 1,100 rounds on this barrel. There is still a ton of life left and I have already narrowed down the components she loves. It excels with the 200 Hybrids, 208 AMAXs and the 215 Hybrids. It does fairly well with bullets in the 155-178 range and does very well with the 175SMK and 175TMKs but does best with the 200-215s. A normal day at the 1000 yard line is 3 shot groups anywhere from 5"-10" with the heavies when the nut behind the butt does his job. All things considered, the 208 is the best bullet for this rifle. Consistent .5-.7 MOA at 1000 yards with a lot of retained energy and minimal windage. It also expands at fairly low velocity which makes it a very lethal long range deer load! It excels with H4350 in the PALMA case with the 200+ pills lit by 205m primers and IMR-4064 in a LR case with 168-178 pills lit by 210m primers. If you're not familiar with the 308/208 combo, it is a sweet combination made even better with the advent of Hornady's heat shield tip. They're a full MOA higher than the AMAX at a grand!

I may be willing to part out the rifle and scope after a few days if there are no buys for the complete package though the rail will stay with the action. Asking $3,500.00 for the complete package.

I am NOT interested in any trades period. Please don't ask. Replies and PMs offering trades will be ignored.

I can accept PayPal IF you cover the fees. I can accept a USPS money order. I can accept a personal check though I will hold the items until it clears. I will ship this anywhere in the USA on my dime to an approved FFL only. If you need expedited shipping or insurance, you can cover those expenses.

Regards!

Attachments

• 308-A5.jpg
    308-A5.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 14