• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 300WSM

308 nate

This rifle was not built by SSG. Here is the short story.

A customer sent me this rifle to coat as well as change the recoil lug and fit it to this stock. He also sent me another rifle that I did a complete build on. I completed both of these by April 2010. He was going through some hard times and started making payments towards his bill. He sent a series of post dated checks, only the first two proved good. the others were returned NSF. I have tried contacting him many, many times. He is very difficult to get a hold of. Every time I left messages on his machine as well.The last time we were able to get ahold of him was a year ago and he said he would be sending money in aweek, well it never showed up So, in June of 2011, I talked to my lawyer to see what I could do to collect on these rifles. He provided me with a legal document that I filled in and sent by certified mail and it contained dates that stated that payment needed to be made within two months and if not I was legally able to take possession of the rifles and sell to pay his bill. well it has been 8 months since I sent the letter and we have not heard from him..... I only need to sell one of his rifles to pay the bill and have chose this one to sell. I will be holding the other one in the back of the safe until he contacts me, as he moves around a bit and I don't even know what address I would ship it to. the last letter we sent to him was the last address he gave us and it was returned to us for Insufficient address........

so here is what I know of this rifle.
Remington 700 short action
match grade barrel, fluted manufacturer unknown. 26"
chambered in 300wsm
McMillan HTG red and black
pillar bedded
badger bolt knob coated black
the throat in the barrel looks to be near new.. very minimal throat wear. I have never shot the rifle, but everything checks out to be properly put together.

price $1500 plus $35 shipping (BI-POD NOT INCLUDED)

DSC_0933.jpg

barrel appears to have approx 11.5 twist. weighs 10lbs 12 oz. as is. trigger is a factory Remington tuned to 2 lbs.