CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Re: Curtis action

lol, we are getting closer!!! I dont think anyone wishes they were ready more than we do... 3 years of planning and work! Wish I could tell you an exact date but all I can say is its closer. As we have stated before... It is paramount that all the bugs are worked out prior to release. Lots and lots of testing and reworks. We also have quite a lot of other products and ideas and we are working on... One would assume we would only do one project at a time but, we are making sure they all work in conjunction and fuction properly. Bottom metal, mags and different action variations.

I will say one thing that is almost ready ( kinda the chicken egg senario) we have prototyped some 3 rd. detachable mags. These mags are ai style and will work in any corresponding bottom metal that accepts an AI mag. We just got tired of the BDL system as we have always preferd a DM system. 3rds due to keeping a clean flush look on hunting/carry rifles. Any interest? If nothing else we will use them on our personal builds... :rolleyes::D

We will update hopefully sooner than later! I will say, group buy is a definite!

Last edited:

lol, we are getting closer!!! I dont think anyone wishes they were ready more than we do... 3 years of planning and work! Wish I could tell you an exact date but all I can say is its closer. As we have stated before... It is paramount that all the bugs are worked out prior to release. Lots and lots of testing and reworks. We also have quite a lot of other products and ideas and we are working on... One would assume we would only do one project at a time but, we are making sure they all work in conjunction and fuction properly. Bottom metal, mags and different action variations.

I will say one thing that is almost ready ( kinda the chicken egg senario) we have prototyped some 3 rd. detachable mags. These mags are ai style and will work in any corresponding bottom metal that accepts an AI mag. We just got tired of the BDL system as we have always preferd a DM system. 3rds due to keeping a clean flush look on hunting/carry rifles. Any interest? If nothing else we will use them on our personal builds... :rolleyes::D

We will update hopefully sooner than later! I will say, group buy is a definite!

I'm in on that group buy. Thanks for the update Curtis.

I like the flush fitting DBM's and the 60* throw like the Brownings...much better than popping out the floor plate and having shells fall out.

I have interest in a group buy as well, but am not 100%.

Chase,
What's the coal in the mag? Found out that I can't get much over 3.8 for the lapuas. Like the three round mag!

Our lapua based action with its own proprietary mag will be around 4.00+ OAL. (I say + because we are still in design and that's the minimum)... Also doing the 408 based action/mag along the same lines.

The 3 round mag (long and short) is the same as the AI mags as we are working within the "constraints" of other products so they may be used in most Detachable systems already out there. More of a "universal" product than specialty...

I want to buy a custom action, and believe this is the one. Well.......

We appreciate your patience...

We are currently making changes to the model. We burned a 3D model and found out that we had a few small issues. So, changes are being made, and we'll burn another one shortly.

We have realized that designing four different actions, corresponding bottom metal, and magazines, was alot more involved that we originally thought. We have spent a considerable amount of money and time over the past two years, but we a beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pretty good feeling when we were able to put our paws on the 3D model and actually see some sort of return on our efforts.

Hang in there guys, we're working dilligently to finish the project..