Current Firearm Inventory and Ammo

Arbogb06

Report from Guns & Ammo

S&W: Running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by lack of bolt carrier's.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL: Behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS: ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:

They didn't know when they'd be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers are running full-bore, but can't come close to keeping up with market demand. It isn't just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20—are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I've never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn't a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!

From a research perspective, i first question the source of the data (reliability, etc) and secondly the period of time to which the data refers to.

Otherwise, from strictly a pedestrian point of view, it looks like the American economy is going to get "a big shot in the arm" from the firearms sporting community.

I don't doubt this a bit. I would still like to see where the information came from if possible, but I have seen the shelves stripped of all ammo, reloading supplies, and firearms, even where I live out here in extreme rural Nebraska. I have to agree that people are preparing. I wanted to get my wife a CC handgun and could find nothing. People are gearing up for whatever may come.

I talked to my nephew who works for the FREEDOM GROUP and he states that 4.5 million guns are on backorder with them. It might be awhile to get the gun you want. It might be 2 years or more till there caught up if they do ....

I was actually shocked today when I went to my small local gun store and was able to count 36 different AR style rifles for sale. There seems to be a big shortage on reloading components here, but if you are willing to pay, the AR's are available.

They are having to drop the AR prices here ,to many coming in and they aren't hardly selling now. Ammo is reasonable to find. This summer tons of stuff will be for sale. The guys that hoarded stuff will be selling cheap because they don't need 10 million rounds of 22 LR

Wow, this kinda gives you chills, I thought it was just Montana being Montana and preparing for Zombies

I sent these pics to "Broz" earlier this week, after seeing this thread I thought i would share.

Scheels.....not sure what this guy is shopping for...
photo13_zpseeb05826.jpg

Cabelas
photo23_zps4cfe17bb.jpg

Wow, this kinda gives you chills, I thought it was just Montana being Montana and preparing for Zombies

I sent these pics to "Broz" earlier this week, after seeing this thread I thought i would share.

Scheels.....not sure what this guy is shopping for...
photo13_zpseeb05826.jpg

Cabelas
photo23_zps4cfe17bb.jpg

This is exactly what I have been seeing everywhere I have looked.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.