?? Crow Sniping

BAIT one deer carcass placed 250yds.outside of my shop window. BLIND shooting bench set up in my shop. WEAPON 260 129sst RESULTS Crow vaporized

NOT in m truck I seldom eat that food...My woman makes home made fries fresh..NOT that frozen stuff..So does that mean our home made fries will not work as well as McDee's:D
She probably doesn't use crappy enough fry oil for the crows. I've been in the food business for years and you usually DO get what you pay for. You pay chicken feed, it gets converted to crow feed.

She probably doesn't use crappy enough fry oil for the crows. I've been in the food business for years and you usually DO get what you pay for. You pay chicken feed, it gets converted to crow feed.

LOL do I need a white bag or will a brown one work..You know like a lunch back...:D

Nice thread! I read the initial post and was entertained that you hope to "scare" them with a 223 or 22-250.

I often put some dog food out to get trailcam pics of all kinds of weird night-critters. The crows took a liking as well, until I scared them off with a 160gr AB from my 280AI. One in particular was really affected, he appeared scared down to the molecular level. I know from past experience that they are also scared of my 22-250 . . .

Good luck drawing 'em in, and good luck scaring them accurately and with great malice!

I have hunted crow for a couple years now. My dad always taught me to kill a squirrel and bait them with that. It works everytime for me. I just wait for them to fly in and anchor them with my trusty little savage .17 hmr.

From what I have seen so far a white bag is more attractive than the brown...I put two out about 75 to 100 yards apart....Even with the snow they seem to see the white bag first..Both baited with pieces of ribs---plus the bones...Todate I think I have killed 7 at close to 500 yards...But I also notice they take off at the soound of the shot..It takes about 15 to 20 minutes or longer befor they come back...So I think they have been shot at befor...

After my family butchers a steer or pig, I just wait by the gut pile in the pasture. Brings in 30-40 crows at a time if you wait long enough. I usually let the guts sit for a few days so the crows get used to where it is, then wait out there in a ghille suit with whatever firearm tickles my fancy.

I once brained one with a friend's Mosin-Nagant with iron sights :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts