?? Crow Sniping

I love my 22lrs but I think I want something to reach out more, considering either a Briwning Tbolt 22 WMR or a 17hmr? Seems like they are similar but the 17 I keep reading fly's flatter. Can the 22 wmr be as accurate? Crow sniping seems like fun, I watched one of JE's videos and I love how the guy tagged those crows. What do you do with them afterwards. Leave um or retrieve them? Eat them? Seems like if you leave them you might be able to bring coyotes ar raccoons and such in for a later hunt.

just about ****ed myself.... eat crow.....takes about twenty for one guy's dinner plate, kinda like eating pigeon or prarie dog.... I hope I'm never that hungry

I love my 22lrs but I think I want something to reach out more, considering either a Briwning Tbolt 22 WMR or a 17hmr? Seems like they are similar but the 17 I keep reading fly's flatter. Can the 22 wmr be as accurate? Crow sniping seems like fun, I watched one of JE's videos and I love how the guy tagged those crows. What do you do with them afterwards. Leave um or retrieve them? Eat them? Seems like if you leave them you might be able to bring coyotes ar raccoons and such in for a later hunt.
You do know that if you eat crow you are eating someones soul, right? :Dlightbulb
Here in ND we have a season, i shot one this year with my 177 cal airgun, at 15 yards, he was quarting away and i put it between the spine and the point of its wing, would have exited through the neck, it flew off with a few less feathers and a 8 grain pellet. I still see him flying around now and then.

They scare me, I was hunting Pheasant a couple of years ago and we went in the woods after one to finish him. After we found him, there were a few crows landing in the trees so I shot at one, with birdshot, missed and he yapped. Next thing I know there's a bunch of them hovering around looking, I kinda thought they were going to attack so I decided not to shoot. it reminded me of the movie "the birds." Are you guys sure it's ok to kill them? Mabe it was just the wounded Pheasant they were looking for.

guarddogonduty_zpse8336b49.jpg

my guard dog crow hunting..

I have hunted crows with a owl decoy and a crow call with a shotgun, In the fall I have sat over the deer carcases from deer season all the scraps and bones that are left and wait for them to land and make them explode with the 22-250 what a gas. But a freind told me a good bait for crows is a McDonalds bag and some french fries and maybe parts of an old hamburger, I have never tried it or if he was just kidding but it might work.

Getting ammo loaded and ready..It has been zero here for 5 days now..Not sure how that is going to be for crow sniping..I love the idea of a McDonald bag..I think probably any white bag would work..I guess there is more snow on the way this afternoon as well...With the shortage of reloading supplies it makes it tough to get bullets and powder..I really appreciate all the above information...John:D

Hey I've used the Mickey D's Bags and they work great! Fill them with grass...rags or whatever your throwing away and staple the bag shut...some stale french fries around the bag and a closed big mac box and you can enjoy one heck of a crow fight to see who is going in first!....Just call a couple times to get their attention and sit back well hidden !

BTW I used to shoot crows with a Rem 700 in 300 Weatherby Magnum loaded with Speer 110 grain spire points..Have killed several from up to 400 yards. Lotsa Fun!

next time you do that, please post pics of bird, setup, and especially the load. I've always wanted to see a little bullet in a big cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts