?? Crow Sniping

We usually sit in the cow fields with .22 magnums. no calls, no blinds, no decoys. There are 1000 cow fields in this part of Virginia and you are almost guaranteed to kill atleast 5-6 ever time you sit down. No camo or anything.. they are so used to us we can usually walk up to them to about 20 yards before they get spooked. But we like to shoot em from over 100 yards away so that they dont get spooked and keep coming back.

We usually sit in the cow fields with .22 magnums. no calls, no blinds, no decoys. There are 1000 cow fields in this part of Virginia and you are almost guaranteed to kill atleast 5-6 ever time you sit down. No camo or anything.. they are so used to us we can usually walk up to them to about 20 yards before they get spooked. But we like to shoot em from over 100 yards away so that they dont get spooked and keep coming back.

Awesome..guess I will plan a trip down to your place...:cool:

Soon as I get more 22-250 or 223 loaded..How many rounds do you think I will need? I figure the 308 is a bit over kill for crow's...gun)

Some very good watching !!!! Thanks.

I have a 17 HMR and will try it out on crows. Its downrange distance is not bad and it is deadly.

I have also seen crows harass hawks before and capitalized on it but I,m Not a good enough hawk
caller so I use the owl .

IT is fun.

J E CUSTOM

I love my 22lrs but I think I want something to reach out more, considering either a Briwning Tbolt 22 WMR or a 17hmr? Seems like they are similar but the 17 I keep reading fly's flatter. Can the 22 wmr be as accurate? Crow sniping seems like fun, I watched one of JE's videos and I love how the guy tagged those crows. What do you do with them afterwards. Leave um or retrieve them? Eat them? Seems like if you leave them you might be able to bring coyotes ar raccoons and such in for a later hunt.

Back to the OP's question.
I use a half dozen decoys, and I also use bread that has been soaked in RED jello, makes no difference what flavor. What you are doing is making it look like meat. Make sure you break the bread a bit. When they try eating the bread they will not be spooked because they will like the flavor. Camo is a biggy. Crows have good eye sight and they are also intelligent.
Do not shoot the scout!!! Shoot the scout and no more birds coming in.

:DI have a gillie suit I wear..I even managed to get up close to a woodchuck without him knowing.But It took a long time..In the summer this method is dangerous,as you can crawl over a bees nest and it aint no fun..Plus here you have to wear an orange hat..But I doubt you need the hat for crow huntin..gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts