Crow Mag brass prep tool

Hi S1
Looks like It will work good. I will give a report on the flash hole tool when I get a few rounds down range with it
grin.gif
grin.gif

Crow Mag

S1
COOL TOOL I just got it I think it was in my mail box for some time I noticed it pushed to the back today. I reamed 5 (338 Yogi) cases today and will try them tomorrow and see what the difference is. The reamer centered the flash hole, I never noticed that they were that far out of center. What will the larger flash hole do to pressure. I would think it would increase because of the difference in ignition.
Crow Mag

S1
I shot the 338 Yogi today with the brass that I reamed flash hole in. I used my worm weather load (35 degrease out)Fed M210 primer and H1000 with the 300g SMK. The rounds shot excellent at 900 Yards. I was to lazy to go to 1200 Yards to wet out there. I did notes that the load was hotter. I will go out in a couple days and shoot with a lighter powder charge and see how the gun groups.
Crow Mag

littletoes
The flashhole reamer is a completely different type of tool that I got from S1. Not like the standard flashhole deburring tool that deburring from the neck of the case inside flashhole deburring tools. The reamer has a straight fluted reamer which will enlarge the flashholes just a little. I think when you reaming the flashholes it will makes them all exactly the same size witch is going to make the flashholes uniformity. It is a two piece tool has a brass guide which centers the reamer into the primer pocket from the outside and a brass handle witch you can put in a ½ in drill or turn with your hand. I have just started using this reamer and I think reaming the flashhole is better than deburring from the neck I will be doing more testing in the next couple of days weather permitting.

Crow Mag

Darryl
I used a Micrometer on the cutting edge of the reamer and came up with .0853 to .0855 it was hard to get a good measurement of the straight fluted cutting edge. Have you used one of the flashhole reaming tools for deburring the flashhole?
Crow Mag

Crow,

Curious bout your "Worm Weather" load. I was out yesterday and did not see any worms here in GRR.
grin.gif
Must be another yooper influenced thing???
wink.gif

Nodak

Nodak7mm

I got my fingers tangled up on the keyboard
grin.gif
There should be some worms out today with as much rain as we are getting. We will have to get together and shoot sometime.
Crow Mag

[ 02-03-2003: Message edited by: crow mag ]

Crow,

That would be cool to hook up & go shooting. I'll be home for at least 6 months after March. I would really like to compare your Wild vs mine.. Plus I got learn more about this "worm shooting", but I just might be overgunned.....
grin.gif

Nodak

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.