Crow Mag brass prep tool

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Guest, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[ 07-11-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]

2. ewallace

ewallace Well-Known Member

Hi S1
    Looks like It will work good. I will give a report on the flash hole tool when I get a few rounds down range with it [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Crow Mag

3. ewallace

S1
    COOL TOOL I just got it I think it was in my mail box for some time I noticed it pushed to the back today. I reamed 5 (338 Yogi) cases today and will try them tomorrow and see what the difference is. The reamer centered the flash hole, I never noticed that they were that far out of center. What will the larger flash hole do to pressure. I would think it would increase because of the difference in ignition.
    Crow Mag

4. ewallace

S1
    I shot the 338 Yogi today with the brass that I reamed flash hole in. I used my worm weather load (35 degrease out)Fed M210 primer and H1000 with the 300g SMK. The rounds shot excellent at 900 Yards. I was to lazy to go to 1200 Yards to wet out there. I did notes that the load was hotter. I will go out in a couple days and shoot with a lighter powder charge and see how the gun groups.
    Crow Mag

5. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Now, don't ja know that we need a little more info? How 'bout explaining it a little better?

6. ewallace

littletoes
    The flashhole reamer is a completely different type of tool that I got from S1. Not like the standard flashhole deburring tool that deburring from the neck of the case inside flashhole deburring tools. The reamer has a straight fluted reamer which will enlarge the flashholes just a little. I think when you reaming the flashholes it will makes them all exactly the same size witch is going to make the flashholes uniformity. It is a two piece tool has a brass guide which centers the reamer into the primer pocket from the outside and a brass handle witch you can put in a ½ in drill or turn with your hand. I have just started using this reamer and I think reaming the flashhole is better than deburring from the neck I will be doing more testing in the next couple of days weather permitting.

Crow Mag

7. Darryl Cassel

Darryl Cassel Well-Known Member

What's the diameter of the reamer?

Later
    DC

8. ewallace

Darryl
    I used a Micrometer on the cutting edge of the reamer and came up with .0853 to .0855 it was hard to get a good measurement of the straight fluted cutting edge. Have you used one of the flashhole reaming tools for deburring the flashhole?
    Crow Mag

9. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Well-Known Member

Crow,

Curious bout your "Worm Weather" load. I was out yesterday and did not see any worms here in GRR. [​IMG] Must be another yooper influenced thing??? [​IMG]

Nodak

10. ewallace

Nodak7mm

I got my fingers tangled up on the keyboard [​IMG] There should be some worms out today with as much rain as we are getting. We will have to get together and shoot sometime.
    Crow Mag

[ 02-03-2003: Message edited by: crow mag ]

11. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Alright S1, tell us! How long have you been using/building reamers like this? Do you turn em out yourself?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

[ 07-11-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]

13. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Well-Known Member

Crow,

That would be cool to hook up & go shooting. I'll be home for at least 6 months after March. I would really like to compare your Wild vs mine.. Plus I got learn more about this "worm shooting", but I just might be overgunned..... [​IMG]

Nodak