Coyotes Killing Chickens in Wisconsin

Halvy

My family has a great deal of poultry and just reciently they saw a coyote jump the little fence and kill some. Since then they have not seen him but its only been a couple days. Also they have seen a red fox in the yard after the ducks and geese. What would be the best bet to kill these pests. They live in Wisconsin surrounded by a good number of trees and hills. Im not currently living at the residence other wise I would be practicing my calling and trying to kill my first ever coyote and fox. Also new to writing on this forum but have been reading up on a lot of posts here and advice.

Last edited:
I just edited your title to attract some Wisconsin help. Where is the farm located?

Fox have a specific season here in WI so until it opens in the fall I don't think they have much of an option.

Coyotes on the other hand are year round. I would think there would be no shortage of folks willing to help thin them out if they were given the opprotunity.

Chris

They are located just out side of River Falls which is about 20 min across the border from Minneapolis. Im sure if they contacted the DNR they could get a special license to kill the fox since they are not really protected to much as fas as im aware. He had a badger problem for a little bit and DNR wouldnt help them with that but Maybe they would for a fox. My dad may interested if someone can maybe trap or snare them. If not he just was thinking about sitting out in the shed by the chickens early morning.

Last edited:
I live in Prescott and hunt and trap coyotes, would be willing to ck out the situation if you are interested?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.