Coyote sillouette projects

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by ba19500, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ba19500

ba19500 Well-Known Member

Here are 2 different targets. I used a full size paper target a bought from Field & Stream and traced it. One target is all steel. I like the natural colored one best. It's less work just cutting out the vital zone with a torch then making a full size target. I'm not sure which one I like best. I made the left one today and tried it out at 100 and 150 yards with my .22LR.

I plan to use them at long range for practice in natural settings.

Attached Files:

2. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Thats pretty cool man!

I would think after a while, at long range, the wood backing is gonna get pretty ugly from a few misses :)...I would prefer the all steel version myself and just paint the vital area white and the nonvital area a different color

Gives me something to think about...

3. ba19500

ba19500 Well-Known Member

The steel is made out of boiler scrap metal and not very hard so I think 500 yards is the minimum for the all steel one, at least for .30 cal. I'm still looking for a LH 243. After several hits it is hard to tell which one is which but with the dark one is all I need to do is here the bullet hit since it is in the vitals anyhow.

4. jasonprox700

jasonprox700 Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine built a life size deer target out of steel. Pretty heavy, but if you can drive the length of the range, it's pretty easy to set up. I have to say that it is really awesome for practice. You really do get a better idea of how your bullet will react if you're not dialing in (under 500 yards).