Coyote sillouette projects

ba19500

Here are 2 different targets. I used a full size paper target a bought from Field & Stream and traced it. One target is all steel. I like the natural colored one best. It's less work just cutting out the vital zone with a torch then making a full size target. I'm not sure which one I like best. I made the left one today and tried it out at 100 and 150 yards with my .22LR.

I plan to use them at long range for practice in natural settings.

Attachments

• Picture 787.JPG
    Picture 787.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 61
Thats pretty cool man!

I would think after a while, at long range, the wood backing is gonna get pretty ugly from a few misses :)...I would prefer the all steel version myself and just paint the vital area white and the nonvital area a different color

Gives me something to think about...

The steel is made out of boiler scrap metal and not very hard so I think 500 yards is the minimum for the all steel one, at least for .30 cal. I'm still looking for a LH 243. After several hits it is hard to tell which one is which but with the dark one is all I need to do is here the bullet hit since it is in the vitals anyhow.

A good friend of mine built a life size deer target out of steel. Pretty heavy, but if you can drive the length of the range, it's pretty easy to set up. I have to say that it is really awesome for practice. You really do get a better idea of how your bullet will react if you're not dialing in (under 500 yards).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.