coyote scope reticle?

tjonh2001

i have had a nightforce np-1rr and liked it because when hunting coyotes i could use the reticle to range. do any of the other high end optics companies have a reticle like nightforce? i need one for my 223AI for coyote hunting and i will buy another nf but was hoping to find similar reticle with different cross hair. must have turrits for dialing range. thanks for the help...

I don't know of any other company that makes anything similar.

I once had a Springfield Armory scope that had multiple ranging brackets in it. It also had an internal bubble level and BDC calibrated for the 308 sniper round..............very cool bracketing ranging system, but optical quality sucked! Parallax also had to be turned to the max to be clear at 200 yds.

I sold it cheap and bought the NF with the ranging circles and have never looked back. I use the 3.5-15X56 on my main coyote hunting rifle. It's the pre-NXS model, so it doesn't have turrets. But I don't really need them out to 600 yds or so with that reticle in a 22-250.

I personally perfer mil dots in my long range rifles. For my AR I put on a 3 x 9 Leupold, it`s for close up and personal, out to 250 yrds or alittle more. For long guns I mostly use a 224 TTH ( 2-6mm) with an 8 1/2 x 25 Leupold with mil-dots. I alos carry a lica 1,200 yrd range finder because those raticals just don`t get close enought yardages when you get out to 600 yrds. and beond. That and if you see one laying down you have no idea what yardage he is. On my 6-284 I`m just useing a 6 1/2 x 20 Leupold without the mil-dots. I like the mil-dots for lead and wind drift but dial in the drop.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.