Coyote, rock chuck, fishin trip

kenpcpilot

Rockchuck vs 22-250 600.jpgHad 4 days off and hit central Washington. Trip started bad shearred off prop of boat on a sneaker rock pile. Got a dog about 250 at night. glassed hillside and picked off about 15 rockchucks. went fishing final day and pulled in 20 trout that were nice fighters. Over all had a lot of fun and found some new puplic land territory. It was hilarious we called coyotes for a little over the last hour of light. when it was too dark to see we were walking back to the truck to get spotlights and the packs started talking. Note bring spotlight and stay another 30 minutes after dark. at least I know there they are next time. The one I hit was strange. three were standing at the top of this ridge. two facing left were kind of nervous on the light and moving. the third facing right stood still. I shot and he took 3 to 4 steps and it appearred i cleanly missed. He stopped then rolled 3 to 4 times downhill dead. ? No jumping spinning biting himself.

That looks like a great trip, thanks for posting the pics! Did you run into any snakes or were the ticks bad at all? In a couple weeks I'm road -tripping east across WA and ID to MT to go visit some buddies and shoot prairie dogs. I'm hoping for mild weather and not very many bugs.

What were you shooting?

John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.