Coyote hunting with Antelope in distress call?

eric2381

Hello,

I just ordered a Foxpro call CS-24B with 100 calls of my choice.

Amongst the sounds I picked was the antelope fawn in distress.

Has anybody used this sound with success?

Thanks, Eric

I live in southern New Mexico and around August is when the antelope are having little ones. I took a guy out for an archery hunt for an antelope buck and saw three totes just tearing into a fawn. The next week, I took the FoxPro out and used that fawn in distress call and I spotted a coyote coming in from about 800 yds out. He never even stopped. He was running right for the call when I stopped him. They love that soft fawn meat. If they are hungry, they will come.

I have tried it several times in the winter without success. FWIW, I tried it in locations that have hundreds of wintering antelope.

I live in Wester North Dakota and i use a Antelope Fawn in distress call for Mountian Lions! I have called in 3 so far but only have killed 2! I just started using the call about a year and a half ago!gun)

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I'll have to give it a shot.

Calling in cougars, I'd like to have a few cats come in.

we use it alot in the spring and it does work this time a yr with a decoy we usally set it by a fence or somewhere it looks natural at or were something could go wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.