coyote hunting in wv

A friend and I have been trying to kill one for the last two years. Only called in one but couldn't get a shot. Hunting around the North Central part of WV. Hope with the new night hunting law things might change. Good Luck

Check out McDowell and Wyoming county. Lots of land to hunt and LOTS and LOTS of predators.....namely coyotes and bobcats. Itll be worth your time if you do a little scouting. I ride trains through there everyday and we see lots of em and hear even more. Just bring a sidearm cause you'll call in a few bears too. They can tend to be nasty when they show up and theres no food there. GLUCK

I've only called in two here in the last year. Killed one. Could not get a shot at the other. But they are here. I get trail picks of them and saw 3 the first week of bow season. Smoked one with my longbow, 20 yard shot. Killedone with compound 25 yard shot. The third was on the Opening morning and i forgot my Harness strap to give me more Room to move. Drew on him once but he trotted to other side and i didnt have enough room to draw. Price you pay for not checking gear. Trying to trap them now with zero luck. Can't call them in on my property either now

Got a few inches of snow the other day so I waited two days and walked all over the property and didn't even see any tracks. It's like they moved or just didn't get out in the snow. I'm just baffled.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts