Coyote hunting in northern Minnesota

ArcticFox

Coyote hunting in northern Minnesota should be interesting this year, new tool to break in and all then off to the woods to scout some new areas to post up. I thought I'd go and check out some new clear cut areas and then mabey a couple fields. Has anyone else gone Coyote hunting up here (Koochiching, St. Louis County's) if not then maybe some place similar, heavy wood area's with a few open spots in between that kinda landscape.

Thanks,

ArcticFox

I'm in northern Mn, but closer to the ND border. It's farm country, open fields and river woods mostly.

Lots of sign can't call any in though, been watching the newer clear cuts. Been out about 5 x since end of deer season, seems like there are more wolfs than coyotes. Will post if i start hitting them.gun)

I hunted Carlton Cty. for years. Mostly wooded areas and swamp edges. I used an 1100 with an extended magazine, pistol grip Choate stock and a Poly Choke with 3" - #4 buckshot. This set up worked great along with a good set of snow shoes. Still have my old Johnny Stewart tape caller and it still fools them.

Snowing again here on the iron range, would like to get out. Have a new scope on the Savage i would like to try out and bought a S&W 22a with a red-dot for the 50 yarders and in. Waiting for the weather to make up it"s mind!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.