Counter Sniper rifle scopes, is it a SCAM?

walserjack

Every issue of sportsman guide has them in there. Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I entertained the idea of buying one of these for a second.Then I went with my instincts and bought a Ziess Conquest.

Well, if money permits the Ziess seems like the better option. I'm always nervous about products that bust on the scene. Plus, they seen to be pushing the "military" jargon awfully hard. I like to wait to hear about others successes or failures. Testimonials are the only was to justify price.

Here's a review from one of the distributers that deals in high end scopes for tactical and long range purposes. His main clientele are competition, sniper, LEO, and military shooters. He carries everything and does extensive reviews on all the optics that he carries. His name is Mike and owner of CS Tactical.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVW5-F242Yo"]YouTube - ‪Counter Sniper Review‬‏[/ame]

Tank

Last edited:
If this is the same Counter Sniper Optics i know of, i actually did work at his 35,000 SqFt House (yes, 35,000) in the last year for the claimed CEO of Counter Sniper. He gave me an 'American Sporting Trade' magazine with many pictures of his scopes and gear aswell as many other companies he deals with. He was, aswell, pictured in said magazine with awards for his products. He showed me some different night vision equipment and scopes he had in his office, and seemed to have quite the inventory in his 3,400 SqFt unlived-in guest house. After two consecutive days of working at the house he rewarded me with one of his scopes, it's a 1-12x25 powered scope with dual lit redicles and red/green with multiple brightness adjustments. He talked the talk and showed the quality merch! It is by far a HIGH DOLLAR SCOPE, however, something is off about Jim (CEO). I was USMC Intel and I have delt with people on a regular basis even now and I can tell when something is off. Something is off. I recently came across a customer that knew Jim and said a lot of his stories are bull, that the huge house he clames is his is actually addressed under a business name, that 7-8 different people own this massive manor, and he is a show boater!? Do i know for sure, NO, no proof, however i do know that something is off about him and he seems pretty fake (as an individual and what he claims to be). He's just a little to 'James Bondish' to be legit. BUUUUUT i would be willing to give these products a try only because the scope I received from him has the clearest lenses, quality-made, and extremely durable, Plus 1! Just because the owner is fake, and probably lies about half the things he's done/not done in his life doesnt mean his product is. Just think, anybody can place an AD, BUT why would any reputable magazine post fraudulent companies ads? possible, not likely. Also, He did really seem to have a great deal of respect for military and personel, Plus 2! So I hope I've answered your question in some sort of way, Semper Fi and OOORAH!

Last edited:
Aside from his fake/possibly imaginary stories, as a person he was extremly friendly and very welcoming at this house/business/splitownership dwelling, or whatever the hell it may be. Very unsure what to think of the whole conspiracy when i did infact receive a very nice optic for FREEEEE!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.