Could someone school me on palm pilot ballistic program doodads ?

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by ol mike, May 19, 2007.

1. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

I looked at some online ballistics today and having a cheat-sheet w/ all that on it would a big sheet.

I realize more and more the windage takes alot of work and the high bc -vld style bullets cut the windage adjustment nearly in half.

How complex are the palm pilot's ?

What all do you punch into them ? weather altitude etc.?

I guess you buy a palm then upload software ?

Do you need a little weather station w/ them ?

So can somebody tell me /us about them and where to get them? --> if it pertains to dell computer =don't bother telling me!

Thanks -Mike

2. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

I got my palm from radio shack, and exbal from perry online.
    You put all but your current atmosperic conditions in before hand and it saves them, you still need a way to read current conditions, temp, humidity, bar pres and alt. in some form or another. its not diffacult once you play with them a bit.
    JS
    here's a link to perry systems, the makers of exbal, they have a tutorial of sorts online http://www.perry-systems.com/

3. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

I googled and have already read about the perry software etc. was kind of wondering if the people who bought them feel they are great or so-so.
    Thanks for the help though.

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Palm........Exbal.........Kestrel........good glass......Never go shooting or hunting without them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif