2 RUGER N°1 cal 22/250 .7 RMG
MAUSER 66S cal 8X68S .9,3X62
MAUSER CUSTOM 7 RMG
HEYM EXPRESS 88B in 9,3X74R for drive
rimfire
MARLIN 39A
CZ 452 VARMINT
VOSTOK MATCH
One AIRARMS 452 SL FACT exellent for shooting magpies in my garden without troubles with my neibours
SHOTGUN
2 SPORTING URIKA in 12 GA
1 SPORTING URIKA in 2O GA
1 BENELLI
2 MIROKU
7 PERAZZI in 28.20 & 12 GA
Now i want preapare one custom longrange hunting rifle in 300 WINCH
for this i buy one PIERCE repeater action, one MC Millan stock A5
for the barrel its not easy import US barrel i think i buy one BORDER MATCH grade in SCOTLAND i have have some hesitation for the lenght of this 24 or 26
for the trigger i thing i buy one jewell or one jackson match
For information in France the peeple dont like the other peeple like hunting weapons and rifles
please can inform me for the good choice in bullet for hunting wild board or reddeer in "à caliber at the 700 to 1000 yards
thanks by anticipation
JC

JC

Welcome aboard.

300 Win Mag for boar and red deer. Good choice.

For 700-1000 yards/meters the rifle is better if it as bit heavier than a 'standard' sporting rifle. Greater stability.

I shoot that distance from a bipod. The A5 is a great stock.

Over here longer barrels, 28-30 inches are preferred for long range rifles. I'm not sure that this length is necessary but for your cartridge choice I would suggest no shorter than 26 inches. Longer if possible.

I would strongly consider any high ballistic coefficient bullet of 190 grains or larger. I wouldn't think that a bullet heavier than 220 grains would be necessary.

There is a very broad selection of 30 caliber bullets from which to choose.

Good luck with your efforts and good hunting.

JC

Welcome aboard.

300 Win Mag for boar and red deer. Good choice.

For 700-1000 yards/meters the rifle is better if it as bit heavier than a 'standard' sporting rifle. Greater stability.

I shoot that distance from a bipod. The A5 is a great stock.

Over here longer barrels, 28-30 inches are preferred for long range rifles. I'm not sure that this length is necessary but for your cartridge choice I would suggest no shorter than 26 inches. Longer if possible.

I would strongly consider any high ballistic coefficient bullet of 190 grains or larger. I wouldn't think that a bullet heavier than 220 grains would be necessary.

There is a very broad selection of 30 caliber bullets from which to choose.

Good luck with your efforts and good hunting.

hello

i understand 19 grains its too light wat did you think of berger bulletVLD in 210 grains
can you have some suggestion for the scope and the réticule

i have receive yesterday my stock its very well in europe the hunters just start to accept synthetic stock for hunting rifle or shotgun (duck and woodpigeons)
regard
JC

hello

wat did you think of berger bulletVLD in 210 grainsAny of the Berger VLDs will perform well. I appreciate very much velocity and would suggest a longer than 26 inch barrel to achieve maximum performance from the 210 VLD.

can you have some suggestion for the scope and the réticule Much personal preference is applied to scope and reticle selection. The best of the best is usually a good choice. There are many European scopes that are of top quality. A 'tactical' type scope or one designed as nearly tactical would be a good choice.I feel an important consideration is to have the reticle and turrets calibrated in the same units. That is Mils/Mils or MOA/MOA.

Another personal preference is to "hold over" using the reticle or to turn the turrets for windage and elevation and hold spot on the desired point of impact.

I choose to turn the elevation turret for up and down and hold off for windage. However, I do turn the turret for windage if there appears to be sufficient time before the shot has to be made.

I would suggest MOA turrets and MOA reticle as MOA units give more definition (smaller, to me) than MILs.

I have both MIL reticle and 1/8 inch turrets on a scope and have had to switch from hold over to "clicking" turrets to get the "first shot" spot on. 1/8 inch clicks are too many to follow when changing several MOA.

I have a Nightforce NXS with the NPR-1 reticle. It is very pleasing for my use.

Another reticle which draws my attention is the IOR NP-8 reticle. If I had one of the IORs I would strongly consider hold over for elevation and clicking for windage.

(duck and woodpigeons) What is a wood pigeon? I'm afraid to assume it would be a pigeon that lives in the woods.:D
regard
JC

What is you native language? I'd like to attempt a translation idea.....

hello
thanks for your response
my native language its french and corsican sorry for my bad language
for the berger bullet its 30 cal 210 grains match hunting vld
for the scope the europeen scope have usually big reticule N° 4 it's the standart du to the hunting method early for the morning and late to the afternoon low visibility and the short shooting distance under 200 m
i go to watch the scope you have recommanded to me NIGHT FORCE its very well did you think US OPTIC its better
for the lengh barrel i stop my decision in 26 inch
for the reticule i go see more your recommandation
for wood pigeon its in french :pIGEON RAMIER
regard
Jean-Christophe​

J'ai un ziess avec le réticule lourds. Il est très agréable mais un peu lourd pour de très longs plans à petites créatures.

Le canon de 26 pouces vous sera bien utile. Comme la balle que vous avez sélectionné.

(BTW comment va mon français. (Traducteur de Google):D

[I have a Ziess with the heavy reticle. It is very nice but just a little heavy for very long shots at small critters. The 26 inch barrel will serve you well. As will the bullet you have selected. BTW how's my french. (Google translator)]

hello

your french was weel better than my english
please would inform me if its possible for me buy in USA one
Badger ordnance M5 in 300 winch or M4 trigger guard, Brownell and MYDWAY they dont accept sale this outside USA
i am not a hooligan i just want best accessories for my custom rifle
have a good day
:)
Jean-Christophe

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts