cooper arms phoenix

krake22

a family friend has a cooper phoenix 6.5x284 for sale $1200 never been fired. is this a good deal i know nothing about them? be for hunting big game on the oregon coast out to 800yrds or so???

Its a really good deal. I looked into getting one for awhile and the cheapest I could find one was $1400. There was a couple things that turned me away from them. One was its a single shot and I dont really care to hunt with one. The other was the twist they come with wont stabilize the heavy 140gr bergers according to what berger says. Other than that you would probably be limited to the 120 130gr range of bullets and you could probably take game out to 800. I didn't run the numbers just a guess. I heard people were running the heavier bullets fine but I didn't want to chance it. Every one I have talked to loves em and they come with a .5moa guarantee at 100. Pretty tough to beat. Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.