Cool Shots of 500 yard Gong...

G

I have a 500 yard gong set up took 2 shots today just before dark... just got the itch I guess....

yellow dot is about 1"
300WM A5 ( LSR )
220 SMK @2900 fps
8 MOA

REAL LOUD BOOM.........WAACKKK gonnnnggggggg ...coooollllll
500yards.jpg

5002.jpg

Hi Ric
Still no white stuff around??
Looks like the new stick is a keeper?
must admit to being very jealous wherby you can just walk out the door and belt a few rounds off?
Cheers
APB

APB,

Oh man we had the white stuff and the real cold stuff...

last 2 days the temps were in the 50's..

before that we were hard pressed to get above +5...

I use the ImageEvent site on the net.. $25 a year for them to host and I have had NO problems ever... takes a bit of reading to get the posting thing down but once you understand it no sweat....

I just put my digital camer up to the scope and got a good site picture focused and shot.. worked pretty well huh....

;-)

[ QUOTE ]
I use the ImageEvent site on the net.. $25 a year for them to host and I have had NO problems ever... takes a bit of reading to get the posting thing down but once you understand it no sweat....

I just put my digital camer up to the scope and got a good site picture focused and shot.. worked pretty well huh....

;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

photobucket.com is free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ric--im guessing your camers was set on macro mode?

I had to set it on macro (since you are actually focusing on the imag projected 3" behind the scope)

got some nice thru shot from my 50x, and a 45x swaro spotter at williamsport--will try to remember to put them up here or SH.

cheers,
JB

AH-HAH

white and orange "dots" are 1.5" square painted chunks of plywood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -- this is at the Shippensburg Championship groundhog match where i walked away with $444

45x swaro at 500M with no zoom on camera:
500M_at_45x.jpg

ahh heck guys, your makin me jealous with all this area to shoot in.. thinking maybe i should relocate? lol oh well.. nice plinkin

GG...

Nice! I know how hard that one was....

I was Pd'ing with Jerry Rice ( Nor-cal Precision ) and 2 of his buddies...and 2 of mine..I was shooting his personal 6/284 I nailed one at 1521... took me 6 shots... and ya think one of us idiots woulda had a camera....

at least I had 5 witness'

sweet shooting.... and hey you figured out the pic posting thing!!!

Re: pics of my rifle

The rifle is a blueprinted Rem 700 with a solid bottom in an H.S. Precision Sendero stock that I modified. I put 2 pounds of wheel weights around the forend, then laid up long strand fiberglass body putty over a nylon mesh grid for curing. Then I laid 16 more layers of body putty up and sanded down to a smooth level layer. Then I took 2 layers of fine putty over that to fill in pin holes. Then I had a friend of mine spray it with 3 coats of car primer, then 5 coats of pearl white car paint, then several coats of a custom metallic flake blue, followed by 3 coats of clearcoat. It took about 35 hours for my part, and about 12 hours for my painter!
The barrel is a 30 1/2" Pac nor 5 groove .264" bore and it measures .858" at the muzzle. The brake is a custom one my gunsmith builds. The trigger is a 4 oz. Jewell, and the bases are 20 minute tapered Ken Farrell's. The rings are Burris ***-aligns with 10 minute inserts in them. The scope is a Leupold/premier 14.5-35x50. I have a Sinclair bubble level on the top.
It shoots the Berger 140 VLD at 3100 with standard deviation of 4 or 5 usually. It has printed 1/4" groups at 100 yards, 2" at 600, 5" at 1000, 12" at 1500, and a 28"x14.5" group at 1 mile! It is currently the most accurate gun I own. I am building three new guns right now though that should rival it!

mb8.jpg

bb2.jpg

bbsa.jpg

GG--you got it figgered now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No offense, but that is the UGLIEST brake i have ever seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1000yds williamsport 50x leup LRT:
50xat1000yds4.jpg

now you might think the haze is in the scope, but here is the same 45x swaro spotter from my previos pic in the same haze
45xswarovski4.jpg

GG--can get these for 30$
Parrybrakes1.jpg

cheers,
JB

Jb1000br,
No offense taken. Different brakes for different folks. I like my brake becuase it IS different. Those $30 brakes look exactly like everybody else's boring old brakes. Good price for them though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
My brake is a thread on one that has no seam and has an inner chamber that has been harmonized for my individual bullet/barrel combo. It is very elaborate on the inside, but I can't get a pic of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.