Cool new tripod

distantfoe

BOGgear.com

Anyone gave this one a try? Looks like it might be wide enough for an a A-5 and the Y seems deep enough to keep heavy recoilers from jumping out when using the stock hook.

I have seen them used extensively on TV, but have not used them personally. Look like a great product though. Personally I have 3 different hieghts of bi-pods, and a pair of Stoney Point shooting stix, but not shot anything with them yet, always seem to be set up over my pack or a rock, or forget the stix, but always good to have more gear.

Agreed, I would opt for my harris bipod but with the tall grass in Oklahoma I'm stuck with sticks. Just never been real keen with the shallow V on the stoney point.

It looks nice. I like the flip levers. It's similar to Mossback's tripod but almost a pound heavier and twice as expensive. However, it's probably more stable fully extended. I'd like to see one in person.

I've been testing one out for a couple of months and it so far works great. I also picked up the quick change adapter for cameras and spotting scopes. I haven't used it standing, but have found it to be very stable in the seated position. I like the fact it will go low enough for prone as well.

I've got their bipod shooting sticks, used them on the range once and put them back in the box. Anyone interested in trading for a Harris swivel bipod, I'd prefer the low one for benchrest shooting. Their nice shooting sticks but I just prefer the Harris bipod.

It would seem to me that the Bog pod would be good out to about 300 yds ish if you practiced with it. But tough to get set up with a rear rest, I am guessing that is why most of us prefer the Harris bipod.

I've used it to shoot out to 500 sa far with no problems at all. Extending the legs as wide as they go and you have about a 7" rest. I still perfer shooting off a bag though.

I used them on two trips to Africa and they are the best shooting rests I have found. Tough, stable, easy to setup and adjust. Expensive but worth the money if you shoot from other than prone. Still prefer the Harris for prone. I used two BogPogs, the tripod up front and a bipod under the butt. Rock steady, particularly when seated in a blind. They are good rests.

Curious Ian, do you have experience shooting from this type of a set up at long distance? I have seen the BOTW crew use the Stoney point sticks at considerable distances on tv.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.